What gets you up in the morning?

spyder_rose
spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
Hi Guys,

I really tend to lack motivation... quite often. I get depressed quite easily and am a comfort eater... I used to get up at 0515 every morning and go for a run with my friend, but then I moved away and don't have anyone to run with... so there's no actual REQUIREMENT to get up early... So I tend to hit snooze EVERY DAY...

What gets you up in the morning? What keeps you getting up when it's really hard/dark and cold/raining or you're just damn tired cos you went to bed late/couldn't sleep???

Need help... :(

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Wanting to not be fat and lazy.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Honestly what helps me sometimes is going to those motivational pictures threads printing some out and putting them right where I can see them when I go to turn off my alarm in the morning. Just a little reminder to get up and get going.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    a combination of the alarm clock and Bearly
  • my dogs will not allow me to sleep late:)
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Aside from my crying children...just the desire to treat my body,God's temple, the way it should be treated. " my body is not my own, I was bought at a price. therefore I WILL honor God with my body"
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    The rewards! Getting to eat more with exercise, feeling better, and doing something good for my body. :)
  • work & money... haha also i have more energy now from recently losing 15kgs!

want to work hard and the mornings best part of the day! <3
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    While I'm not a runner, several years ago I made the decision to exercise in the a.m. for the simple reason that for me, with my job and life, if I try to fit it in at the end of the day, it just won't happen. So, I get up at 4:45 twice each week for Spin, andd 5:30 every other weekday, and by 7:00 on the weekends. What started me on this path? My mantra was, "fit or fat?" When my alarm went off and I wanted to shut it up, I would ask myself, "Fit or fat?" It worked for me. I've been a morning exerciser for the better part of the last decade.
  • The only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is the need to pee. No one could possibly confuse me with a morning person so I don't even try to get up and run in the morning. I am a night runner. My stomach is full, and I am tired but it is the only way I get the workout in.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Lately nothing :(

I am one of those people that when the weather gets crappy, all I want to do is sleep.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Wanting to not be fat and lazy.

Seems like a good reason to me.
    Just do it, put your big girl panties on and get up. I am up at 4am almost every morning cause most days if I don't run or lift weights then then I don't get to.
    There is no trick you can play on yourself, you just gotto want to do it!
  • Working out!!!!!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    I am a morning person, so I don't have a hard time getting up (except, I feel crappy getting up by thinking about coming to work). But I have a hard time staying awake at night
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    the need to pee usually. :)

But when I started this, my MAIN motivator was ...to see if I *could* get up and out of bed for a walk every single morning. I found that it takes longer to talk myself out of it than it does to get dressed.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    I only sleep a few hours a night so my eyes open around 2-3 am. It sucks.

The thought of just laying there is what motivates me to get up. This probably doesn't help but I also am motivated to get up and moving because I want to make sure that I do get my workout in. I sometimes don't have time after work so I make the time in the morning.

Good luck.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Not to brag, but my clothes are to die! I want to keep wearing them!

(If you don't have any, get some!)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    I get up and do my workout to DVDs first thing before thinking about it I just get it out of the way, You remind me of myself when i was going to the gym i joined with people and they would go with me for awhile then quit and i didnt/couldnt go by myself (Idont drive)so that was my excuse well after awhile came to the realization this weight isnt going to go anywhere if i dont just do it for myself because i want it and i am a mom to 3 kids so they are big reason to get healthy for
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    you say there's "no actual requirement" for you to be up early but what if you mentally made it a requirement? schedule that 1/2 run in everyday and tell yourself it HAS to happen at ___ time every day.

you could also find yourself a fun task to do after your workout session so you'll be like "hmm if I go to the gym now.. after I can do ____" or "i really want to ___ today but I can only do it after I go to the gym"..

in the beginning you just have to make it a routine, eventually it'll become second nature to you. good luck! :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    my dogs will not allow me to sleep late:)

Yup. Mine too. 8 hours after my head hits the pillow is potty time for pups. lol Never fails.

Rescue dogs!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Simple. I hate getting up.

So I put my alarm clock on the otherside of my room.

It goes off, I physically have to get out of bed and walk across my room to turn it off. Then I'm only a few steps from the shower so I just keep going :)
This discussion has been closed.