I fought the cookie...and the cookie...

Options
CJK1959
CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
almost won. We decorated Halloween cookies with the nieces and nephews last weekend, and like a fool, I allowed some of them to stay here...thinking I would take them to work or send them with my SO, but three days later and they were still here. I thought I was strong enough to leave them be,; I thought that II had turned a corner...but tonight when I got home from work....I could feel myself slipping back into this TV watching....boredom eating person who mindlessly helped myself to 6 sugar cookies with buttercream icing! And immediately berated myself for doing so...right before I went out and got another one. About then the phone rang...it was my sister asking me to go to dinner....I did....still feeling bad about my slip..and as I filled my plate from the salad bar, and then found that I had to take a carry out because I didn't feel like eating the rest...well...I started to feel stronger; like I am still the person on this quest that I was before...I just had a moment of weakness. .When I got home...I saw it...the elliptical...staring sullenly at me...silently challenging me. Would I attempt to redeem myself? Well peeps, I did! I did 30 minutes, which is 10 minutes more than I have been able to do prior to today.....and then went promptly into the kitchen and discarded remaining cookies as well as the cupcakes we made. Boo Ya! Maybe I am stronger than I thought.

Replies

• lindsayb0422
    Options
    You go girl!! Trick or Treat was a challenge for me last night. I have 2 kiddos and we had tons of candy!! Normally I would stuff myself til I was sick and last night I only had one piece! Gooooo us!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    congrats!! You and I share a similar love of cookies! You were probably stronger than I would have been about that!
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    We are humans, fragile and full of forward and sideways movements. Your story was so honest! I have wetted down and tossed creamy, gooey foods that were delicious so I couldn't eat them, too--so it must be a club. Talk about finding your motivation in a weaker moment--you really kicked butt! Beating ourselves up does nothing good, but it's so hard not to:-)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    WOW! What unbelievable self-control. I don't think I could have done it. I give you all the credit in the world! Well done; I hope I can have a similar experience some day :D
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Homemade cookies are the best kind. Good for you and keep it up!
  • Nicolelmbennett
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU♥ I, too, am tempted if I keep my favs in the house. You certainly have nothing to be ashamed of. Many people allow themselves a treat day and I think that is gr8. Thinking about doing it myself, not overindulge, by any means, but a treat so that I am not tempted to "pig-out."
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That''s awesome!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Carol! You sure kicked that one right where it lives!! It's hard to stay focused and not give in to apathy after you've feasted on some beloved treat. You got on that elliptical and worked it off! Good for you! Not sure I would have had that much resolve. I'm proud to be your MFP friend! Maybe someday we'll actually meet in person when I'm down Houston way! Barbara
  • LibbyBelanger
    LibbyBelanger Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC. I love tossing those bad foods out after a weak moment of buying or making them. I always feel stronger after a workout. Keep it up. Congrats
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Carol! You sure kicked that one right where it lives!! It's hard to stay focused and not give in to apathy after you've feasted on some beloved treat. You got on that elliptical and worked it off! Good for you! Not sure I would have had that much resolve. I'm proud to be your MFP friend! Maybe someday we'll actually meet in person when I'm down Houston way! Barbara

Thanks Barbara.....I love to bake and decorate cookies...guess I'll just have to give them away until my resolve is stronger! When you come down Houston way, let me know and we can meet somewhere....that would be great!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Remember this can't be a "diet", it has to be a "life"... and the reality is that none of us will go the rest of our lives NEVER eating cookies (or french fries, or ice cream, or cheesecake, or ....). Moderation, moderation, moderation.... and exercise! So you had a cookie or two... but you also did an extra 10 minutes on the elliptical! It's called Balance! That is the only way any of us are going to make it through this journey!

Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!