Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Countin' Calories

takjanelle
takjanelle Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I am trying so hard to eat better, so I make good choices throughout the day, get to supper and have a ton of calories left. I am not sure how to pace it better, I am eating breakfast, lunch a snack and then supper. I am only drinking water now, so I am getting no calories from liquids.

Any suggestions?????:ohwell: :ohwell:

Replies

• I am trying so hard to eat better, so I make good choices throughout the day, get to supper and have a ton of calories left. I am not sure how to pace it better, I am eating breakfast, lunch a snack and then supper. I am only drinking water now, so I am getting no calories from liquids.

Any suggestions?????:ohwell: :ohwell:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    add another snack? I eat 6 times a day, and am always way under
  • Wow you girls are lucky. It's a constant struggle for me to stay within my calories. If I don't work out (and get those extra work-out calories) I feel as though I am starving to death. The other night I went out to dinner and my steak was more calories than I am allowed in a whole day! Before I started this I probably consumed about 3000 calories a day on a regular day. The 1200 calories is really, really, hard for me.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    how many calories are you takin in a day

like if your goal is 1500 (just throwing that out there)

breakfast 400

am snack 150

lunch 400

pm snack- 150

dinner 400
  • Wow you girls are lucky. It's a constant struggle for me to stay within my calories. If I don't work out (and get those extra work-out calories) I feel as though I am starving to death. The other night I went out to dinner and my steak was more calories than I am allowed in a whole day! Before I started this I probably consumed about 3000 calories a day on a regular day. The 1200 calories is really, really, hard for me.
    I know where you are coming from! I workout so I can eat those extra calories. I eat typically around 1800 a day. I couldn't imagine only eating 1200-1500 with doing over an hour of intense cardio a day.
  • I don't think it is luck or my butt would be smaller :smile: I cannot find the happy medium between eating a truckload of fat to eating better, that really should have been my question.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Try to plan your meals early in the day and log them in. This way you get a good picture of how your day will look like. This way you can take away there and add somewhere else, etc. For example today I decided to give my body a rest so my intake was just 1200 cals. :grumble: I'd rather exercise and eat more but our bodies need to rest as well. :laugh: So what I did was to, before I put anything in my mouth, plan my meals and snacks, trying to eat as healthy as possible so I could eat more volume!! And voila, I only went over by 2 calories!!!! It takes a little more planning that way but it can be done. I hope this helps. Also you don't have to stop eating the foods you like just less of them. :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you that was helpful, I will do more planning!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.