logging 30day shred and advice

Options
Hello,

I would like to know how people are logging the thirty day shred... just as 25 minutes circuit training? In addition, I'm curious to know whether people prefer cardio, such as spinning classes, to the shred. Shredding makes me really tired and it's hard for me to sleep after it, even if i do it in the morning, although it's shorter than what i do at the gym and it burns less calories.

I'd appreciate any feedback!

Replies

• 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've never done 30Ds but I have done other DVDs. I have also done a lot of spin classes. I love spin. My current gym doesn't have spin, so I'm doing more DVDs. For me, I think I burn more calories at the gym since I feel the pressure of the teacher to up my intensity, while at home I slack off. I think that a DVD like 30 DS might use more of your muscles from all over your body compared to spin but I could be totally wrong.

When I do Insanity of p90x I log it as aerobics or calisthenics or circuit training. Whatever I log it as, I always use the calorie burn from my heart rate monitor and erase the suggested one from MFP.

I'm a little confused how it makes you tired but you can't sleep.

P.S. Stay hydrated!!!
  • healthy4self
    Options
    I log 30 DS as circuit training
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor. It's the only way to know for sure. And I created my own exercise for it.
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks. i think the muscle soreness keeps me from sleeping, as does the exhaustion (too tired to sleep or something) whereas, although i'll sweat more when i do a spinning session, i'm not as sore. so i'm just trying to see what's better--using all your muscles and gaining strength, or burning calories. especially since i know that the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn in general.

thanks for advice, any more response is great