Thanksgiving Mini Goal Team Anyone?

Options
I figured that maybe I could find a few people that would like to team up for a mini goal for Thanksgiving that they would like to try their best and achieve. We would have to give accountability to one another at least twice a week; try and hit the gym at least 3 times, and definitely keep under calorie count on most days! Just wanted to see if I could get a group of about 8 ppl together to encourage each other! It's a short goal (3 weeks) but so many results can be done in this short time if we keep each other encouraged! Anyone interested?

Replies

• KerMille
    Options
    Sure, I'm in. Am struggling with my workouts lately though, so maybe this would be some great motivation! I've stopped eating sweets on one of the hardest "sweets" holidays of the year. Trying for one week...am I nuts?
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    i need all the help i can get... sign me up! :)
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same way, which is why I thought if i have to be accountable for my actions to someone else, this may actually work! Plus...since Thanksgiving is coming up soon, this will keep me in check for at least the next 3 weeks! Yikes, I think you are very brave for not eating sweets after Halloween! Try your best, i'm here to motivate you!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well, I set a goal to walk/jog 26 miles in November. Can I play?

See my signature ticker for my progress so far.....

:smile:
  • jpbenjamin
    Options
    Mrsdauer- Awesome! We can do this!

Nutty- Of course! That's a great goal!
  • Crystal860412
    Options
    IM IN!!!!! It is my weakest holiday! I love it!
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    ive joined to do Jillian 30 day shred for november also....
    i think i need to be accountable for my weight until december 25, no wait....til jan 2!!!! get these holidays over with...and the wicked Halloween candy outta my house! and if people would stop stressing me out..i'd stop baking every new recipe i can find....oh, and football sunday!...when the Heck is Superbowl so over-eating football parties will end also! LOL
    see girlz, this is why i need you!!!!!!!!!!! :)

cant wait to find someone that will enjoy finding the weight i plan on losing :)
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! I am trying to run at 5AM 3 days a week (so hard) and weight training 3 afternoons a week, and I'm doing my first 5k on Thanksgiving. I'll need this support to keep my eating on track with all that working out!
  • jpbenjamin
    Options
    Alright! I'm getting so excited about having a small group of people that can focus on each other and make it through the hardest months of the year for those trying to eat well and exercise!
    @CC- congrats on doing your 1st 5K! I want to sign up for one of those in the near future. maybe in January or something! We will definitely be keeping you on track for the next 3 weeks!
    @mrsdauer- my bday is on Jan 11th and I need ALL the motivation I can get until then! These are the worst months of the year I tell ya! But we will do it as long as we stick to the game plan!
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yeah girl! I'm so excited I can almost forget that I'm STARVING right now!

:bigsmile:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I am in. I just started the special k challenge yesterday and I made a goal to exercise everyday in november :)
  • adgregory
    Options
    I'd love to join.. I just joined MFP today and tomorrow I start the couch to 5k..
    Having a hard time since my hubby deployed and I don't cook much..
    Any motivation would be great!
  • tatoue
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds good!98880.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jpbenjamin
    Options
    Alright! This group is officially closed! We are at about 9 ppl i think! I will send an e-mail to all of you soon!