Holy Shnikies!!! Creme Brulee!

Options
WOW!!!! I was have a spectacularly well planned day today. I planned to take my sister to an Italian restaurant that she had never been too. I decided what I was having before we went (minestrone soup, salad), logged it all into my journal (including the glass of wine!) and off I went.

I am typically not a dessert person but on birthday lunches I splurge. I know she really likes Creme Brulee. I have never had it before so asked if she would eat the whole thing and she said no way let's share. I thought, cool, I probably won't like it anyway, not being a fan of the whole custardy thing and all. Well, OMG!!! That was heaven!!! :love: So I did proceed to eat my half. :blushing: In fact I beat her to the half way mark! :laugh:

Got back to work and tried to figure out how may calories I needed to log...I found various recipes and I am assuming that it was traditional creme brulee made with heavy cream, etc. I may have eaten 350 calories in my creme brulee alone!!! :noway: sigh.... :ohwell:

I'm laid up from a knee injury and limited in what I can do physically. Was planning to try Pilates tonight but that ain't gonna touch it! :ohwell: Oh well, it was delish but I think I'll be skipping that in the future. I did find a low cal version online that I may have to try at home so when I need a fix, I can go that route! :wink:

Replies

• wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! I was have a spectacularly well planned day today. I planned to take my sister to an Italian restaurant that she had never been too. I decided what I was having before we went (minestrone soup, salad), logged it all into my journal (including the glass of wine!) and off I went.

I am typically not a dessert person but on birthday lunches I splurge. I know she really likes Creme Brulee. I have never had it before so asked if she would eat the whole thing and she said no way let's share. I thought, cool, I probably won't like it anyway, not being a fan of the whole custardy thing and all. Well, OMG!!! That was heaven!!! :love: So I did proceed to eat my half. :blushing: In fact I beat her to the half way mark! :laugh:

Got back to work and tried to figure out how may calories I needed to log...I found various recipes and I am assuming that it was traditional creme brulee made with heavy cream, etc. I may have eaten 350 calories in my creme brulee alone!!! :noway: sigh.... :ohwell:

I'm laid up from a knee injury and limited in what I can do physically. Was planning to try Pilates tonight but that ain't gonna touch it! :ohwell: Oh well, it was delish but I think I'll be skipping that in the future. I did find a low cal version online that I may have to try at home so when I need a fix, I can go that route! :wink:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, it tastes just as good when made with whole milk.
    you could use that as a substitute for a recipe
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I love, love, love the creme brulee! Yum!!

That's all . . . . :laugh:
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i've never had it.....looks like i should just away away from it now since at this point... i don't know what i'm missing!! HA HA!!!:laugh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Creme Brulee has to be tried to be believed. It is... wow. Words fail!

If you'd like a lower calorie treat, ben and jerry's makes creme brulee ice cream which tastes almost exactly the same, if you can believe it. Just eat half a serving since its still not so good for you :)
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i've never had it.....looks like i should just away away from it now since at this point... i don't know what i'm missing!! HA HA!!!:laugh:

Yes, SO wish I had said no thanks! :laugh: