Big Guy Running

Options
Looking for other larger sized guys and gals ( Clydesdales/ Athenas) who run 5K or 10K or more. Just want to add to friends list.

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Looking for other larger sized guys and gals ( Clydesdales/ Athenas) who run 5K or 10K or more. Just want to add to friends list.

Hi there! I think Im still a Big Girl Running - started at 276 pounds ... down to 233 ... 7 half marathons later! :)
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Me. I ran 5k on my birthday this year. and gonna run 10k next year. :)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm training to do my first 5k by spring & I'm 448lbs. I can already do the required distance, just working on my speed.
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just started running last summer and plan to run 5k with a friend in May. So...I haven't done it but it is my goal for the spring:)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds since I started running last spring and am no longer considered an "athena," but I still like talking to other runners!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I started running at 220 pounds last year - I do a few 5ks a year and lift heavy.
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well, my sport of choice is cycling - I try to do 15-20 miles per day when the weather is nice, but I also jog... slowly. I'm not ready for running yet - only within the past few weeks have I actually been able to hop on one foot again (it's been a LONG time). Despite my slowness, I did manage to complete a 5k run in early October and didn't come in dead last, so I met both goals! Good for you for your activity, and I'd love to be your friend if you'd have me and put up with me posting all my rides! I post hikes and runs, too...

Cheers,

Tracy
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 kg, down about 24 and started running this year but had to stop with leg issues (stress fractures). I hope to be fit to start running again by the new year!

I was up to about 16km, doing 5km 2 or 3 times a week and a longer run at weekends. This is something I want to get back to, but also maybe work up to a half marathon.

Please add me - I could do with more running buddies !

Adrian.