So much to lose, so little time!

Options
Hi all! I'm Jenn and I'm freaking out!! I had always been in shape and able to lose weight pretty easily until my 30s and my metabolism took a nose dive. I'm getting married in 5 months on a beach in Jamaica and need to lose at least 30lbs before I can feel comfortable in a swim suit. I am jazzed about joining this website, but I always am excited about getting healthy......for the first few weeks and then I bottom out and go running for the fridge and the comfort of my couch. I'm hoping that by getting involved on the message boards and meeting people in the same boat that I can offer support and receive support. :-)

Replies

• mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Hey, people on here are great for support.. They have plenty of tips and advice to get you through the tough times when all you wanna do is stuff your face with chocolate!!

Feel free to add me and I'll make sure you stay motivated!!
  • marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi jenn 5 months u can do it it will be well worth if just to see your future husbands face when your standing there in front of him. Good luck with your weight loss stay motivated and take a picture of yourself now and stick it on the fridge then u can see it everyday its a good motivational tool feel free to add me we all like to motivate each other on here. marie
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can so do this! This website really does provide the extra motivation you need and because you are accountable and everyone can see how you doing...it gives you that extra push....I love it and it has deffo helped me lose my baby weight and more. Please feel free to add me and congratulations!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! 30lb in 5 weeks is 1-2lb a week. Don't give up....what better goal can you have? :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You can do it Jenn, you've got a great thing happening to keep you motivated...just think of that glorious beach, the sunshine and scenery. Where abouts in Jamaica are you getting married? I was married in Ochos Rios 10yrs ago gone June. I'll add a couple of pics to my profile for you to see, n hopefully help with your motivation.

You'll find great support on here tho x
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn!

I'm new too and I already feel more motivated after 5 days on this site than every other diet I've ever tried! Like you, I'm usually only motivated for a couple weeks, then sort of fizzle out. But this site offers support, tips and lots of help!

Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • jjc11262
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support! I just got my fiance to sign up so we can do this together.
  • ava33
    ava33 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey Jenn,

what I'd recommend is to start exercising now, a mix of cardio and toning will help you with the weight loss but it will also make you feel better about yourself. I haven't been able to lose much weight this year (only started MFP about a month ago and seeing some progress now) but I'm feeling much more confident than I did 6 months ago before I joined the gym.

Good luck and don't stress yourself too much!