A question for something that has been bugging me!!

Options
2»

Replies

• birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, il have a look at the link now.

I think i just need to find what works for me and stick at it.

Last 6 months iv done low cal, low carb, high protein, carb cycling. Just need to stick to one for long enough for it to work
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    The reason there is so much conflicting ideas is that many things have worked for different people so they all claim "thier way" is right.

I like a lot of protein, but 1 gr/# of bodyweight seems high, unless you are really hammering the weights & trying to bulk up.

I like a lot of smaller meals, only because I get very cranky when I get hungry. Plus, unless I gorged myself on super high & calorie dense foods, there's no way I could eat everything in a short period of time.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The reason there is so much conflicting ideas is that many things have worked for different people so they all claim "thier way" is right.

Agreed. I think that anyone that has lost significant weight - and kept it off - has tried a hundred different combinations of food and exercise. I agree with PB Junky that the number of meals doesn't make a difference - but I'm sure there are people out there for whom it did (maybe because it kept them from getting too hungry and binging?).

IMHO, you have to start somewhere - like with the info your PT gave you - and then adjust as time goes on.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I have heard the rule of Protein based on weight, but never in lbs. I always heard per kilograms... mostly cause 190g of protein seems like it would be a LOT of calories to consume.
    I try to do 1g per pound. I'm often right around or over 200g of protein/day on around 1800 calories.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Whether you have 5 meals, 12 meals. 24 meals or even 1...it has no to minimal effect on your metabolism. I have one massive feast for 2 hours every evening and my metabolism is going strong.

^This is correct.
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So what do you suggest???

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

Have your meals whenever you feel like, as long as you meet your macros each day. If you need any other help pm me.

Really good article on here guys for anyone else who is looking for answers (maybe not the be all and end of answers but a start). Sounds along the lines of what my PT has been tellin me. Hes a pro BBuilder so should know what hes talking about, my only concern was that he has never been fat or had a belly like mine.

New Diet is:-
    1800 cals (20% below maintenance)
    180g protein
    70g fat
    110g carbs

Wel see how it goes.