scale addict

Options
:cry: is anyone here obsessed with weighing yourself like me
its addicting i always want to know my progress even tho it really doesn't change throughout the day.

i still find my self weighing myself at least 3 times a day :mad:

i've made the same goal of only weighing myself once a week about 100 times but always fail

anyone else with me:huh:

Replies

• jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    :cry: is anyone here obsessed with weighing yourself like me
    its addicting i always want to know my progress even tho it really doesn't change throughout the day.

i still find my self weighing myself at least 3 times a day :mad:

i've made the same goal of only weighing myself once a week about 100 times but always fail

anyone else with me:huh:
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh a couple of times a day and hate that it fluctuates LOL. I am addicted to, but it's just the hope that it will read something lower everyday!! I don't know how to break the habit now, so I am right there with ya.
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Me tooooo. I always say once a week, then the morning comes. ErRRRRrr.....
  • dixiebutterfly5913
    Options
    Me toooooooooo! I am thinking about picking my scale up off the floor and putting it out of sight. Maybe if I don't see it I won't use it, you know- oughta sight oughta mind. I think I will weigh just one more time before I do LOL!
  • jessicasager
    Options
    ugh all the time. i'm just SO anxious to see my progress. but at the same time, it's like i go up and down all the time. i need to stop, my scale is my drug. lol
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. The same every day. Of course you are going to flucuate during the day, clothes, food, etc.
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Me toooooooooo! I am thinking about picking my scale up off the floor and putting it out of sight. Maybe if I don't see it I won't use it, you know- oughta sight oughta mind. I think I will weigh just one more time before I do LOL!

I have asked my fiancee to hide it.....:embarassed:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! Soooo addicted!! What makes it bad is I have 2 scales! My hubby hid one, but I still have the one I love out! Every single morning I get on there after I go to the bathroom and before I get dressed!! I have no idea how to stop either. Yea I also weigh 2 or 3 times a day too!
  • robsonaraujo
    robsonaraujo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    same problem here/....
    everyday.... 3 times a day....
    it amasing how your weight can change in a couple of hours..
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I weigh a lot. I donno why, I don't care that much about my weight LOL. I just like to see what happens during the day. It's always about the same at certain times of day, and I know when it's changing because it will be slightly lower throughout the day than on previous days. I'm not bothered by fluctuations though, usually just means I hafta go potty.:blushing: :laugh:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i am sooooooooo glad i'm not theonly onne that does this!! I say i'm not going to,but sure enugh the next day i getup and hop onit right after i go to the bathroom, probably doesn't help that i see it when onthe toilet!! LOL. I will also do it during the day just to see how much it fluctuates, but with my clothes on!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict too, my name is Christie ....lol. I cleaned our WW scale this morning prior to going on, then when I was up lbs that I didn't think I should be, I thought it may have to do with cleaning and/or re-positioning!!!:noway: Then bf told me he had weighed unbenownced (sp?) to me, so it happens to alot of folks, he's in my house and I didn't know :laugh:
  • amberca1
    Options
    I am so addicted to the scale and unfortunately it can totally change my mood. I can't believe how much I can flucuate! One day I fluctuated 7 freakin' pounds overnight- I am not kidding! So I have resorted to weighing myself every morning after I go pee but before I eat or drink anything. If I gain then it makes me want to binge even though it should do the opposite.
  • cjgurley
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning..........monitor my diet closely all day....then when I come home from work I weigh again.....I like to see how it fluctuate.....if I sta;y on the diet routine, I am not worried about the fluctuation....but if I deviate some on the diet and weigh myself...if it deviates too much, I work a little harder the next day on the exercise and water intake......but besides all this....I only count my weight for record once a week on Sunday mornings.........:grumble: what really kills me, no matter what my weight is on Sunday, I record it even if it's a little higher that a weight I took during the week that doesn't count.......but if it's higher, it just makes me more motivated to excell the following week...........and it does motivate me.................Carol :bigsmile:
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at about the same time ... it helps me stay focussed on my goals and to keep meal planning & exercise high on my daily priority list.

What's the big deal? Why are you all so angry at yourselves for weighing in? I don't get it.

... seems to me you're just adding stress and anxiety to an "issue" that really is a non-issue. if you're in the bathroom, and you happen to step on the scale during the day ... so be it.

Did "they" say you shouldn't weigh yourself daily? Who the hell are "they" anyway?

Probably the same "they" that tell you to cut back on dairy products because of high fat content and then tell us to eat more dairy because of the high calcium content. Or the "they" that tell you we are fat because we eat too much and then tell us to eat more or else we'll put our bodies in starvation mode. Or maybe it's the "they" who tell us not to eat rich chocolate sinful sweets and then make us chocolate flavored artificial sweetener loaded diet goodies to keep us addicted to the idea of dessert ....
  • KirstenJ
    KirstenJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a serious weighing myself addiction. I weight myself after everything I eat in a day. I'm trying to break the habbit because this is what got me into trouble last time....
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Weighing after everything you eat does sounds a bit extreme ...
    but what do you mean by "it got you into trouble last time?"
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at about the same time ... it helps me stay focussed on my goals and to keep meal planning & exercise high on my daily priority list.

What's the big deal? Why are you all so angry at yourselves for weighing in? I don't get it.

... seems to me you're just adding stress and anxiety to an "issue" that really is a non-issue. if you're in the bathroom, and you happen to step on the scale during the day ... so be it.

Did "they" say you shouldn't weigh yourself daily? Who the hell are "they" anyway?

Probably the same "they" that tell you to cut back on dairy products because of high fat content and then tell us to eat more dairy because of the high calcium content. Or the "they" that tell you we are fat because we eat too much and then tell us to eat more or else we'll put our bodies in starvation mode. Or maybe it's the "they" who tell us not to eat rich chocolate sinful sweets and then make us chocolate flavored artificial sweetener loaded diet goodies to keep us addicted to the idea of dessert ....
    I know that my doctor recommended only weighing my self once a week. His reasoning for it was the if you weigh yourself daily or several times a day if you see the scale go up which it does very often that you might get disouraged and binge or stop dieting or whatever it is you are doing to try and lose weight. I told my doctor though that I do best if I weigh myself every morning before I shower. He said that was alright but that I should try not to step on the scale through out the day. I know what you mean though about "they".
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I have a serious weighing myself addiction. I weight myself after everything I eat in a day. I'm trying to break the habbit because this is what got me into trouble last time....
    Is that a picture of you in your ticker?
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    When I used to weigh weekly I would weigh myself on Monday morning and then I would put my scale in the closet until the following Monday. It worked for me but I am sure some people would just go get it out of the closet if they were curious.