"If every day were like today....."

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Well IS every day like today? If you eat the same net calories every day and you aren't losing then maybe you need to adjust your numbers.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband and I laugh and read it out loud, in a dramatic voice, to each other when we close out our food diaries for the day.
    I have never checked it its accurate, or even close.
    Perhaps they will make this feature optional.
  • afunnygirl
    Options
    I love closing my diary at the end of each day and seeing that number. Sometimes it will determine whether or not I choose to eat one last snack for the day.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Read what it says. Did you eat the same things every day and have the same net calories every day? I highly doubt it. The tool is based on simple math. It extrapolates that day's calorie deficit for five weeks.

If I accidentally close my diary after just having breakfast it will tell me I'll lose 40 pounds in the next 5 weeks because the calorie deficit is so high. That obviously won't happen.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That number calculates your estimated weight loss based solely on the day's calorie deficit. It has no actual relevance on your real progress.
  • UphillBattleAxe
    UphillBattleAxe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good if they did a "If every week were like this week......" might give a better idea of where you'd be.

I agree!
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My husband and I laugh and read it out loud, in a dramatic voice, to each other when we close out our food diaries for the day.
    I have never checked it its accurate, or even close.
    Perhaps they will make this feature optional.

It IS optional. Don't click the button.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good if they did a "If every week were like this week......" might give a better idea of where you'd be.

i love that idea! but i still like the day prediction indicator. :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I never did think of it as a motivation tool, but now that someone has said that...ya know.....good idea.

Thanks!