what book have you read?

Options
I like to read while im on the treadmill, especially when its a page turner. I just read Learning to Swim- by Sara j. Henry. Awesome book. A woman on ferry notices something being thrown in the freezing water from another ferry going the opposite direction. When she notices it was a small child that was tide with a sweater. Why would anyone throw a small boy in this freezing water? Very good read. What book have you read?

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Gary Chaplan - Five Love Languages
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I read anything school/thesis related, which for me is a lot of Children's Literature. You should see the stares I get when I head to the treadmill with my 'Harry Potter' or 'The Hobbit' books. I recently finished 'The Hunger Games', which was a really quick read.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Try anything by Jodi Picoult, Anita Shreve, or Jennifer Weiner.
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    I like to read Harlen Coben and Linwood Barclay books. Oh and also Jackie Collins too :happy:
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye...
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I read anything school/thesis related, which for me is a lot of Children's Literature. You should see the stares I get when I head to the treadmill with my 'Harry Potter' or 'The Hobbit' books. I recently finished 'The Hunger Games', which was a really quick read.

I read those books anyway, and I am not in school, nor do I have kids. I love Tamora Pierce, too.
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    The Help. Amazing Book. Also "I don't know how she does it." From the Sarah Jessica Parker movie :)
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My most recent read.."Peace From Broken Pieces"...Iyanla Vanzant:drinker:
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Cutting for Stone was excellent....
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I'm currently reading I, Partridge, We Need to Talk About Alan the autobiography of (fictional character) Alan Partridge. I don't normally read autobiographies but Alan Partridge is perhaps the best comedy character ever created and I laugh out loud at every page.

Usually I read more modern classics. Before this I recently read To Kill a Mockingbird, A Clockwork Orange and Burmese Days. George Orwell is my favourite author. Some of my favourite books (not just his) are 1984, The Great Gatsby, Fight Club, One Hundred Years of Solitude and The Glass Palace (by Amitav Ghosh, brilliant author). I generally like books that span generations, are set in forgein countries or are gritty/thought provoking. I've currently got about 20 books on my bookshelf that I want to read!

Can't say I've ever read a book whilst exercising though! I don't think I'd have enough focus.
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the Hunger Games trilogy. I have been having a difficult living my normal life around finishing the books. On the final book in one weeks time. They are great!
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Before I Go to Sleep - Such a good book!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You should see the stares I get when I head to the treadmill with my 'Harry Potter' or 'The Hobbit' books.
    I know very few adults who haven't read those books. I would be very surprised if people think that's odd.

I just finished "A Game of Thrones" and started "A Clash of Kings".
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Currently reading JD Robb Portrait in Death, I love her books (Nora Roberts).
  • Leyla135
    Options
    If wishes were horses-by Robert Barclay and The Choice-by Nicholas Sparks are also great books.:wink:
  • rbryntes
    Options
    also, to the OP:
    what book have you read?

I have read many, many books. I don't think I can enumerate them all here.
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Gary Chaplan - Five Love Languages

This is an EXCELLENT book!!
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Anything by Jodi Picoult! I read My Sisters Keeper (book was better than the movie) and fell in love with her style of writing. I've read four of her books this summer. A Change of Heart, Handle with Care, Salem Falls and Nineteen Minutes. So far my favorite one is Nineteen Minutes. Always page turners, so hard to put down.

Right now I'm trying to read One Day by David Nicholls. I'm having a hard time getting into it. After I finish it I'm going back to a Jodi Picoult book, I think The Pact.
  • rbryntes
    Options
    Currently reading JD Robb Portrait in Death, I love her books (Nora Roberts).

I reread the entire series every year. I started Born in Death this morning.
  • Lillemeddy
    Options
    My favorite is Stephen King. The Dark Tower series is such an epic tale.

Another man worth looking into, if you haven't already, is the deceased Stieg Larson and his Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Very exciting three books.