30DS Help

Options
Hello Lovely Peeps,
I have been doing 30DS for 2weeks now and have not lost any weight,no inches.I am 205lbs. and realy need to lose some weight for my wedding dress fitting in december.Do you think would be in my best interest to stop doing 30DS until im at my goal weight? I haven't seen hi weight loss numbers with this worklout so im thinking maybe i should hold off and just do the gym for now....Please!! Any input would realy help...

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    are you watching your calories as well?
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    i do 30ds and gym at same time...why can't you do both?
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS and the elliptical for 20 minutes a day. What does your diary look like?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Why not do both? I did the first week of 30DS, because you are focusing on weight loss I am sure you wont be doing any hardcore strength at the gym. I would throw in more cardio on top of the 30DS! The 30DS is a great workout and you should probably just stick it through for the whole term, especially if you have been pushing yourself and doing the harder levels of the 30DS as well..
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    are you watching your calories as well?
    Why not do both? I did the first week of 30DS, because you are focusing on weight loss I am sure you wont be doing any hardcore strength at the gym. I would throw in more cardio on top of the 30DS! The 30DS is a great workout and you should probably just stick it through for the whole term, especially if you have been pushing yourself and doing the harder levels of the 30DS as well..

^^This^^ Make sure you are eating good, and drinking water!!!! I just completed 30DS, I only did it for 20 days, I also walked in the mornings and walk/jogged in the evenings ..Here are my results..You can do this!!

Level 1 Day #1 (Oct.10, 2011)
    Weight:234.4
    Hips:51"
    Waist:39.5"
    R.Thigh:32"
    L.Thigh:32"
    R.Bicep:15"
    L.Bicep:15"
    Final Results (Oct.29th only 20days)
    Weight: 227 loss 7.4
    Hips:43.5" loss 7.5"
    Waist:34" loss 5.5"
    R.Thigh:30.5" loss 1.5"
    L.Thigh:30.5" loss 1.5"
    R.Bicep:13.5" loss 1.5"
    L.Bicep:13.5" loss 1.5"
    Total: 7.4 pound and 19 " Loss in 20 days
  • MandyMay
    MandyMay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say: I do go to the gym atleast twice a week and i do watch my calories.Somedays i eat some of my workout calories sometimes i dont..
  • Nikkei1984
    Options
    Honestly, I would continue on with the shred. You won't necessarily see results straight away as your body is getting used to the programme. Would definitely advise to drink 2 1/2 ltrs of water and if you can body brush to help break down the toxins and fat cells to help your body eliminate them more easily. Again as per the other posters, what is your food diary like?
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. I also perform additional cardio with the 30day shred. Doing both will definitely help with the fitting.
  • MandyMay
    Options
    Think i opened it...
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but honey you are eatting too much sodium and not enough calories!!! Don't get it twisted, some days I don't eat enough either, but you have to cut that sodium down and make sure you drink your water!!!Have you tried protein shakes? I am not sure if the 1200 cal is working for you like you thought it would, maybe up your cals???
  • MandyMay
    Options
    I actualy started protein shakes about a week ago.Before this i ate about 1200 and workout out at gym 2-3 times a week and losing consitently,but since ive added shred..nothin :(
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    Options
    I actualy started protein shakes about a week ago.Before this i ate about 1200 and workout out at gym 2-3 times a week and losing consitently,but since ive added shred..nothin :(

hmmm..im going to inbox you
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Do you know if you've lost any inches?

I did 30DS and lost more inches than I did pounds. It took over 2 weeks for me to drop weight.

Also - you sometimes retain some water when starting a new workout routine - takes a bit for you body to get adjusted and drop that.

Drink A LOT of water! :)
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I lost about 6 lbs with 30 DS but I lost inches too. I did additional cardio as well like stationary bike, kickboxing, etc. Make sure your calories are from healthy foods, watch your sodium and drink lots of water. MsKeKe said she is going to inbox you. She had incredible results with 30 DS so hopefully her advice helps too. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Losing weight is important for your overall health, not just your wedding day. Don't lose sight of the importance of your wedding. Enjoy it...the day goes by so fast :)
  • lacf86
    lacf86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    the 30DS is pretty high intensity - maybe your body just needs time to adjust to it! keep going, give it some more time and i'm sure you'll see the benefit :smile:
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you were losing weight before and you are not eating back your exercise calories it's quite possible your body has recognised additional output with no additional input and is holding on... try eating them back for a while, at least some of them!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I've found for losing weight I have to pull a lot of cardio. I usually walk/jog a 5K (3.1 miles) everyday and do 30 Day Shred, if I do 30 day shred along I don't see a big loss on the scale. However, 30 Day shred has really helped me build up my arms and ab area (well under the flab)...but I just overall feel stronger, have better balance, can lift stuff I couldn't before (like our 5 gallon water cooler jug).

My opinion. I think you should add in a lot more cardio into whatever your doing now, and 30DS on top of the extra cardio (just to stick it out since you only have a week left) BUT if you really don't feel like its working, then drop it. Its best to do what works for you no matter what anyone else says.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say: I do go to the gym atleast twice a week and i do watch my calories.Somedays i eat some of my workout calories sometimes i dont..

if you're not *netting* 1200 cals, you won't lose. eat back your workout cals.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Most days you are overeating your fats by about 20! That could be the issue.
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    I took a look at your food diary maybe you should switch up the way your eating like more lean meats and veggies that way you wont have so much sodium. You could try it out for a few days or a week and then see if that helps..good luck