HELP!!

Options
Okay, so my 18th birthday is in 2 weeks. i live in Australia and turning 18 is suppose to be one of the biggest nights of your life. i spend literally every day being upset about my weight and i refuse to be upset on one of the biggest nights of my life. i've spent to last 2 months trying to lose weight and i lost around 6kg but then i start a new diet (my mum did it and lost 6kg in 2 weeks) i am now stuck on 75kg and ive tried and i lose weight!!! PLEEEAAASSEEE help me!! i really really really wanna lose weight. if i cant lose weight in the next week then i give up because everytime i look at the scales and see that things havent changed then all i can think is "i'm just going to be fat for the rest of my life..."

so if anyone has any weightloss tips that will work or any exercise tips or any weightloss stuff that will help me feel fabolous in time for my 18th (including phschological) than it would be MUCH appreaciated. please help me! i am way to young to be fat and hating myself!!

:(

Replies

• awkwwward
    Options
    You have a choice to make: do you WANT to be "fat" the rest of your life? Then go ahead and give up. If you don't want to be fat, keep at it and you will see changes over time. Losing weight isn't supposed to be quick and easy - especially if you want to keep it up. No one can make that decision but you. Good luck either way.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    My advice? Take as many measurements as you can :D Don't worry about that scale, and take those measurements. That will show you how much your hard work did :D
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Okay, so my 18th birthday is in 2 weeks. i live in Australia and turning 18 is suppose to be one of the biggest nights of your life. i spend literally every day being upset about my weight and i refuse to be upset on one of the biggest nights of my life. i've spent to last 2 months trying to lose weight and i lost around 6kg but then i start a new diet (my mum did it and lost 6kg in 2 weeks) i am now stuck on 75kg and ive tried and i lose weight!!! PLEEEAAASSEEE help me!! i really really really wanna lose weight. if i cant lose weight in the next week then i give up because everytime i look at the scales and see that things havent changed then all i can think is "i'm just going to be fat for the rest of my life..."

so if anyone has any weightloss tips that will work or any exercise tips or any weightloss stuff that will help me feel fabolous in time for my 18th (including phschological) than it would be MUCH appreaciated. please help me! i am way to young to be fat and hating myself!!

:(

You're on MFP. Why not follow MFP's guidelines? It works.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Instead of trying to make a lifetime of changes in 2 weeks. Make a commitment to be healthy by your 21st! If you just want a crash diet, you will only fail. Change your lifestyle and you will do it forever.:flowerforyou:
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, the health benifits and living longer do not come from losing weight, they come from keeping active and eating well, weight is a secondary measure. If you maintain your healthy lifestyle you will reap the benifits regardless of your weight.

Please don't give up because you don't see the numbers on the scale go down.....thoes numbers mean nothing in the long run....be healthy and enjoy life, don't stress about some silly number. If you don't give up, you will likely see the numbers come down, but thats not important.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You have a choice to make: do you WANT to be "fat" the rest of your life? Then go ahead and give up. If you don't want to be fat, keep at it and you will see changes over time. Losing weight isn't supposed to be quick and easy - especially if you want to keep it up. No one can make that decision but you. Good luck either way.

I agree! You have to make a commitment to yourself to make a difference and work at it. You have to accept this is going to be a lifestyle change and if going to take time! If you want to feel AWESOME at your 18th I might suggest making healthy choice for food and getting some activity in that alone will likely help you feel better. Good luck and all the best!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    If thats is you in the picture are beautifull !

Are you eating enough? Are you eating your exersise calories?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

This is just a part of it! please read the link above
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight on scale is overrated. Exercise for 5 hours a week and I mean exercise not ride a bike or walk while reading a new magazine, eat vegetables,protein and piece or two of fruit per day.
    The one and only Sexy chef buff exercise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUfd9lGHbMs
    And there You have it. Good luck.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    There has been some great advice given on your post. From my standpoint I guess I want to say that turning 18 is a big deal and you will officially be an adult, but love, in all the important days you will have in your life, this one will not be at the top of the list. In order to lose weight, you have to watch what you eat and exercise, it truly is that simple. And, that is also what is so frustrating about trying. What works for your mom may not work for you because you are still essentially a child. Your body is different. Take the measurements and throw out the scale. Loving yourself starts from the inside.
  • juliaamyemms
    juliaamyemms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know that weightloss is a life change not a quick fix but i'm trying to change to a healthy lifestyle but its frustrating when no matter what i do i am stuck at what i why or even more. it just make me want to break down and cry... i'm trying my hardest. i just want to be able to look in the mirrow and think... "i'm beautiful"
  • juliaamyemms
    juliaamyemms Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    also i meesaged my waist (its where i put on most weight) and i actually put on 1cm. i wenty from 102cm to 102cm... so am getting bigger which sucks...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You're 18 and beautiful and whether or not you really need to lose weight, you're not going to do it in 2 weeks. Stop hating yourself just because the magazines tell you you're fat. What's your BMI anyway? I'm guessing it's not 25.
  • jennlh1984
    Options
    Have you considered HCG Drops. there is a 500 program and a 800 program for 21 days. I have done 4 rounds and am now maintaining a 70 pounds weight loss. Read Dr Simeons Pounds and Inches. It changed my life forever.

And since you need weight off in the next week. My suggestion is to Cut your Carbs, down to about 14, Fats about 90, protein anything higher than 90. Its pretty much the Atkins diet. But it does work pretty fast the first few days. After that remember slowly add carbs to your diet or you will not maintain your weight loss.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this on MFP, and I saved it on my laptop. Here it is pasted:
    Lose 1lb a Week

By Valentine's Day, I'd be 7 pounds lighter.
    I'm loving it!

By St. Patrick's Day, I'd be ll pounds lighter.
    With the luck of the Irish, I'll make my goal!

By Easter, I'd be 16 pounds lighter.
    I'd be a cute bunny!

By Memorial Day, I'd be 23 pounds lighter!
    Won't let it rain on my parade!

By Flag Day, I'd be 25 pounds lighter.
    Boy, could I wave my flag, then!

By Independence Day, I'd be 27 pounds lighter.
    That's a great independence from over eating!

By Labor Day, I'd be 36 pounds lighter.
    What a wonderful reward for my hard work!

By Columbus Day, I'd be 41 pounds lighter.
    What a joy to discover what I can do!

By Halloween, I'd be 44 pounds lighter.
    I didn't think I had a ghost of a chance!

By Thanksgiving, I'd be 47 pounds lighter.
    I have so much to be thankful for!

By Christmas Eve, I'd be 51 pounds lighter.
    Talk about being merry!

By New Year's Eve, I'd be 52 pounds lighter.
    It's not just a new year, it's a new ME!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Instead of trying to make a lifetime of changes in 2 weeks. Make a commitment to be healthy by your 21st! If you just want a crash diet, you will only fail. Change your lifestyle and you will do it forever.:flowerforyou:

Exactly!!
  • Miriamreal
    Miriamreal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Keep trying! Ask yourself if you really want to lose weight or if you want to stay overweight. And don't do it just because you want to lose pounds to look better on your birthday, think how you want to look and feel from now on.
  • Miriamreal
    Miriamreal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just dont Give up!