Healthy for the Holidays

Options
Our initial weigh in and measurement day will be Monday November 7 (this coming Monday).

The goal:

Lose 10 pounds or more by CHRISTMAS, Sunday December 25. (of course you can still join us if you have less to lose! )

We will also take measurements of only : Neck, Waist, Hips, and Thighs. (MEASUREMENTS ARE NOT Required, but can be motivational on those weeks where you don't see a loss on the scales!)

THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS TO POST A WEIGH IN EVERY MONDAY.... and also measurements if you choose...but they are not required.
Share your first weigh-in on November 7th. I have preemptively put this challenge up NOW so that people see it and are aware next Monday for the weigh-iin.
Anyone's welcome to join at any point during the challenge.

You come back to this thread to post your results. I will be making a spreadsheet of the loss every week!

I will try to post daily challenges for us. They are not "required", but are there if you want to do them. EVERYTHING WILL BE POSTED ON THIS THREAD!

So, JOIN US! Everyone is invited!

Replies

• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am in !!!! Sounds great to be a part of this. Thanks for the invite. :flowerforyou:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am so excited that we are doing the challenge till Christmas ! I will weigh in on monday . Do not have any new measurements taken yet but i will get them done soon !
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was worried that the lack of people in our last challenge would deter Liz from wanting to do another one. I would like to say thank you Liz for taking the time out of you busy schedule to be a huge part of my life!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sarahsmall
    sarahsmall Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ooohhhhh, I need to join. My weight has been the same since 9/22. I don't want to gain during the Holidays. I WANT TO LOSE!!! I am in!!!!
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Sounds like a great challenge!:smile:
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    This is exactly what I need! Can anyone join?
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need! Can anyone join?

yes!
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am in again please. Yes, thank you Liz very much for your time and dedication doing the charts and updating...you are greatly appreciated. :-)

I have got to get out of this rut and start losing again vs gaining .
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Weigh in is on Monday!
    Everyone is invited!
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I started a challenge for myself to loose 20 by christmas at the beginning of october so this will help me stay with it. I have lost 5.2 already and have 14.8 to go! SO I am excited feel free to add me if you would like! Always need the motivation and support! :flowerforyou:
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am in again please. Yes, thank you Liz very much for your time and dedication doing the charts and updating...you are greatly appreciated. :-)

I have got to get out of this rut and start losing again vs gaining .

Thank-you Liz
    I am up for another challenge & will post my weight & measurements in the morning
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Post your numbers today!
  • nybor101
    Options
    11/7/11= 150.9

SW= 150.9
    GW= 140.9

Let's DO THIS!!!!!!!!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Post your numbers today!
    07-11-11 weigh-in 81.6kg will post what it is in lbs when I get home
  • adalton6
    Options
    Today's weight was 226 haven't taken inches but will post them later.
  • adalton6
    Options
    Today's weight was 226 haven't taken inches but will post them later.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Starting at 172.6
    I hope that this challenge I can actually break my plateau.

Does anyone have ideas? Beside just being on a physical plateau, I'm feeling like I'm on a mental one as well.
  • nybor101
    Options
    Starting at 172.6
    I hope that this challenge I can actually break my plateau.

Does anyone have ideas? Beside just being on a physical plateau, I'm feeling like I'm on a mental one as well.

I feel the same way. I was thinking of doing something drastic like no food after 4pm since I go to bed at 8 or 9. The hard part is that I still have to feed my family dinner. Good luck to us!!:flowerforyou:
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Can I still join? My weight yesterday was 312.4. I need to lose at least 10 by Christmas.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Can I still join? My weight yesterday was 312.4. I need to lose at least 10 by Christmas.

Yes! I am hoping we will have more people!