It's time

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
Hi gang,

New member, just wanted to use the food diary.

I have a fun weekend job as a motorycle instructor, I teach a 16 hour class that teaches basic motorcycle skills. It can be a fairly strenuous gig, with hours and hours standing/walking on blacktop in the hot sun teaching.

I''ve been stuck at "real damn chunky but carry it well" for the past several years, but last year I quit smoking and gained another 25 and it's pretty ridiculous now. I'm pretty sure that if I try to teach at 260 pounds on my 5'8 frame I'll die,,, or have a coronary or something.

As of today I've been on 2K cals a day for 3 weeks, keeping it light lean and raw, and I'm down about 9, so right on schedule so far. I know it won't continue so easy and I'll probably have to fight a plateau, but we'll get through it, I do the cooking, which helps. I was a fairly serious weights guy years ago, so I have a pretty good idea how to do this. My current weight is just a matter of lack-of-discipline on my part. I know what to do, just haven't been paying attention and doing it the last few years,

That's my story, wish me luck.

(Oh ya, if anybody wants info on how to safely learn to ride a motorcycle, drop me a line, i've got the inside track).

C

Replies

• CasperO
    Options
    Hi gang,

New member, just wanted to use the food diary.

I have a fun weekend job as a motorycle instructor, I teach a 16 hour class that teaches basic motorcycle skills. It can be a fairly strenuous gig, with hours and hours standing/walking on blacktop in the hot sun teaching.

I''ve been stuck at "real damn chunky but carry it well" for the past several years, but last year I quit smoking and gained another 25 and it's pretty ridiculous now. I'm pretty sure that if I try to teach at 260 pounds on my 5'8 frame I'll die,,, or have a coronary or something.

As of today I've been on 2K cals a day for 3 weeks, keeping it light lean and raw, and I'm down about 9, so right on schedule so far. I know it won't continue so easy and I'll probably have to fight a plateau, but we'll get through it, I do the cooking, which helps. I was a fairly serious weights guy years ago, so I have a pretty good idea how to do this. My current weight is just a matter of lack-of-discipline on my part. I know what to do, just haven't been paying attention and doing it the last few years,

That's my story, wish me luck.

(Oh ya, if anybody wants info on how to safely learn to ride a motorcycle, drop me a line, i've got the inside track).

C
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, you will love this site, it is so very motivational, supportive and helpful. I absoultly love it. I just wanted to wish you good luck with your weight loss journey, You can do this.
  • CasperO
    Options
    Thanks Laura,
  • CasperO
    Options
    Bump:

Wow, 6 months and 60 pounds later. Doing super,,, :happy: