Do you ever have a perfect day?

Options
Every day I get up and every day I say to myself to day is going to be perfect.

Today I will eat only the calories alloted and I will exercise. But for some reason I have yet to have that perfect day. There is some work thing or I am just not thinking before I realize4 cookies have gone in my mouth. Or there is no time to work or because I am taking the kids here and there......

Does anyone have a perfect day? How do you have one? How do you just say no to the world around you and do stuff that is just for you? Without seeming selfish or *****y?

Replies

• Phoenix69
    Phoenix69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every day I get up and every day I say to myself to day is going to be perfect.

Today I will eat only the calories alloted and I will exercise. But for some reason I have yet to have that perfect day. There is some work thing or I am just not thinking before I realize4 cookies have gone in my mouth. Or there is no time to work or because I am taking the kids here and there......

Does anyone have a perfect day? How do you have one? How do you just say no to the world around you and do stuff that is just for you? Without seeming selfish or *****y?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Oh, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I always get out of bed in the morning saying 'I'm going to do great today!' and then I'm good until about 7pm, then something goes horribly wrong. :tongue:

I have had perfect days, I generally only have 3 a week though. The rest of the time I'm over (by a little, between 50 - 200 cals). I haven't had a huge disaster day since the day after Christmas though. :bigsmile:

If you keep at it long enough, you will start to have perfect days to. It DOES get easier, I promise. Eventually you don't even really think about it anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    No noone has a perfect day we all struggle to stay in our calorie limit and make sure that we are getting our workout in no matter how little. But no matter what happens the day before wake up every morning with the thought of yes today I am going to get everything in and at the end of the day no matter what went wrong or right be happy for the little things of the day, Today I stayed away from dunkin donuts, today I got my cardio in, today was just good day but I had a cookie. Don't think of taking time for yourself to do whatever excercise you do as selfish, set up time during the week where maybe you have someone come and take care of the kids so you can have some time for yourself. I use a gym that has childcare and I take advantage of that you need some time to yourself sometime anyway. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    There is no such thing as perfect...you need to allow for a little imperfection and you won't feel so let down everyday. I't still ok!:wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was close to perfect! :happy: I got in a great workout and took this picture that I did NOT expect! I generally don't care how sweaty and gross I am in public which helps me get a lot of work done. I will pretty much leave myself enough time to eat and dry off.
  • Phoenix69
    Phoenix69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the insight.

What is it about the evening that makes you want to throw all your hard work out the window for the stupid bowl of ice cream?

Today is a new day. Instead of a perfect day I am going to have a day where I do my very best.

127541.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I do get in a couple great days a week. I get really proud of myself. But we all fall a little off the wagon. I don't go crazy like I probably would have before. I'm still aware.
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    In response to your ice cream in the evenings well if you still have enough calories left then have A ice cream, I like the slim a bear they are 100 calories and take care of any chocolate or ice cream cravings. We can still have the things that we like but just modify it and watch the amount that you are eating. Don't worry it will get easier
    :happy: