Appendicitis Questions

Options
Hey guys,
So I woke up today feeling fine, than as I was standing getting ready my lower right abdominal started hurting a tiny bit-very subtle, I could also feel it in left abdominal a little but mostly right. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom and so I did without issues but the pain hasn't gone away, I ONLY feel it while standing, when I walk or sit down the pain completely stops. I haven't experienced any of the other appendicitis symptoms at all. I did the pressure test and don't feel any pain while pressing nor while bouncing back.
I did eat an egg sandwich couple hours before bed last night, the eggs tasted a lil funny.
Do you think it could be appendicitis? I have had IBS symptoms before on left side but never on the right.
So I am asking those of you who have had apendicitis or similar experience to mine that could explain what it could possibly be?
I am definitely going to monitor it over the next couple hours and if it doesn't go away I will see a doctor.

Replies

• WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Appendicitis from my experience feels like you have a really really bad case of gas, but you don't passw any. Vomiting and I had a very low low body temp.
    Oh and teh "bounce back" pain, was excruciating!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    with my appendicitis i had a super high fever, and ALOT of right abdominal pain. But then again it was ready to blow by that point. But prior I had not experienced any pain or discomfort. I think everyone is different so it is really hard to tell.

:) If it bothers you so much I would check with a doc to make sure.
  • estinson79
    Options
    It could be your ovary. maybe ovulating?
    If it doesn't go away, see a doctor
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My appendicitis pain was sharp and very localized in the lower right quadrant.

I had similar pain a few years before, but with that I had a general ache across my abdomen. That turned out to be a ruptured ovarian cyst that had caused an infection of the abdominal wall. Ended up in the hospital for IV antibiotics.

If it doesn't go away in the next couple of hours, definitely get it checked. Whether it's appendix, ovarian cysts, or something else, you don't want to have complications because you waited.

Hope you feel better and that the docs can figure out what it is and fix it! Abdominal pain is the worst.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    There are other possibilities especially for women. Ovarian cysts and ectopic pregnancy are nothing to fool with! See you Dr.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I had horrible pain on my right side. When I searched online appendicitis kept coming up in my searches. I didn't have any of the other symptoms but the pain was tremendous. I waited about 2 hours and then called my Dr. After they did a scan they immediately sent me to the hospital to have my surgery. If it ruptures it can be really bad. If it persists, I'd go ahead and get it checked. Better to be safe than sorry.