Zumba classes

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Now I'm excited! Zumba is coming to my gym soon. I hope I can get to a class!

I know we're in the same area, so.. what gym?? I was wondering about that! PM me if you don't want to say it on here. Please. :flowerforyou:

And... just a general question to whomever... is Zumba for everybody? I checked out a video on YouTube and everyone looked like they were in generally good condition. I'm working on getting there, but... not sure if Zumba is for me! I'd love to try it though! It looks SO fun!!:bigsmile:

I go to The Weight Club in Blacksburg. If you want to meet up, that would be super fun! :happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    There are Zumba classes at my gym! I want to go so bad but now that I am pregnant, is it too high impact do you think???
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    There are Zumba classes at my gym! I want to go so bad but now that I am pregnant, is it too high impact do you think???

You can keep up with normal activity pretty much the whole way through. You have to avoid lying on your back in the third trimester and also avoid squatting and similar movements that force you to breathe against a closed epiglottis. (So if it feels like you're bearing down like when you're having a BM, don't do it). You shouldn't start things that are of a higher intensity than you were previously performing. Avoid really high intensity work that's near the lactic acid threshold...you need to have more oxygen than normal available.

I took a step class with a lady who did step all the way through--including the morning she went into labor. She wasn't in labor in step though. :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

You can keep up with normal activity pretty much the whole way through. You have to avoid lying on your back in the third trimester and also avoid squatting and similar movements that force you to breathe against a closed epiglottis. (So if it feels like you're bearing down like when you're having a BM, don't do it). You shouldn't start things that are of a higher intensity than you were previously performing. Avoid really high intensity work that's near the lactic acid threshold...you need to have more oxygen than normal available.

I took a step class with a lady who did step all the way through--including the morning she went into labor. She wasn't in labor in step though. :laugh:
    Yeah, I was figuring I could work out through my pregnancy. At least low-impact, etc.

I had a scare last week (some bleeding and cramping) and was told to not work out or do any strenuous activity until my next appointment, which is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully, I get the all clear to at least get back on the elliptical or SOMETHING.

I am going crazy here!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, my name is Tami and I am addicted to endorphins!! :wink: :blushing:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Yeah, I was figuring I could work out through my pregnancy. At least low-impact, etc.

I had a scare last week (some bleeding and cramping) and was told to not work out or do any strenuous activity until my next appointment, which is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully, I get the all clear to at least get back on the elliptical or SOMETHING.

I am going crazy here!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, my name is Tami and I am addicted to endorphins!! :wink: :blushing:

Yea, that makes sense. Well hopefully you'll be Zumba-ing the night away after the appt! :drinker: