favorites from Penzey's Spices?

Options
A Penzey's Spices store just opened in my town. I've heard such great things about their stuff--does anyone have any favorite spice blends or recommendations they'd like to share? I have a feeling I won't know where to start. Thanks!

Replies

• kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OMG...replace everything you own with their stuff!! Serioulsy.

Some of my favs that are unique blends though are the California Seasoned Pepper, their taco and chili seasonings and chip dip mix.

The quality of their products cannot be beat. Replace everything you own, you will not be sorry. People think I'm an awesome cook, but really it's the spices that make the flavors just pop. I had to buy a different rosemary one day in a pinch, boy what a difference.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i love penzey's! the black and red, buttermilk ranch mix, vanilla sugar, seasoned salt, chicago style seasoning, garlic salt... omg. now i need to go there...

basically everything in there is and smells awesome. have fun!
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese cinnamon. No comparison to the store brands. Trust me on this one.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Everything they have is the best! I am from Wisconsin originally and we had a store 20 mins in every direction from where I lived. I miss it now that I'm in Indy we only have one.

One of my favorites is a Cheese sprinkle. But the stores just rock, you can smell everything before you buy it. The chicken taco seasoning is great too so much less sodium than packaged.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i love that store! we buy all our spices and seasonings from there. one of our favorites is fox point.