What's the most difficult part of dieting for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do have a wine its good for the heart, then don't cause it can lead to breast cancer (on GMA today).

This is true, although it is all alcoholic beverages, not just wine. But making sure you get enough folate (either through food or supplements) can greatly reduce the risk.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/alcohol-full-story/index.html#Dark_side_alcohol
    Alcohol Increases Risk of Developing Breast Cancer
    There is convincing evidence that alcohol consumption increases the risk of breast cancer. (23, 24) In a combined analysis of six large prospective studies involving more than 320,000 women, researchers found that having two or more drinks a day increased the chances of developing breast cancer as much as 41 percent. (23)

This doesn't mean that 40 percent or so of women who have two drinks a day will get breast cancer. Instead, it is the difference between about 12.7 of every 100 women developing breast cancer during their lifetime—the current average risk in the US—and 17 to 18 of every 100 women developing the disease. This modest increase would translate to significantly more women with breast cancer each year.

Adequate daily intake of folate, at least 600 micrograms a day, appears to mitigate this increased risk.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Just having the proper mindset that I have to feed my body properly...lifestyle change per se. Food dictates my mood, eating clean = happy...eating processed junk = Grrrr :angry: Oh, and then every month (fun being a woman) if the cravings start to get out of control where I'm running to the carbs & chocolate. But then again, if I'm eating as clean as possible, the cravings don't get to that extent. Love how the body utilizes good nutrition.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    When i diet, I'll let you know :)
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Staying motivated and commited for me. The first few weeks I lose alot, then I start slowing down and find it hard to handle. But this time is gonna be different, because I'm tired of starting over again.
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. weekends.....I like to make last minute changes and don't have internet at home so I cant check MFP.
    2. conferences/trainings/meetings.....never know whats on the menu and refuse to bring my own, and its FREE!
    3. Chinese food ( I can't have it, all the low cal dishes suck! :cry:
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Just having the proper mindset that I have to feed my body properly...lifestyle change per se. Food dictates my mood, eating clean = happy...eating processed junk = Grrrr :angry: Oh, and then every month (fun being a woman) if the cravings start to get out of control where I'm running to the carbs & chocolate. But then again, if I'm eating as clean as possible, the cravings don't get to that extent. Love how the body utilizes good nutrition.

I agree, on top of that, the scale is NOT your friend that week! :mad:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm spiking if I see something I want I make a mental note. Eat that on spike day and I do:-)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    convenience.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    the lack of chocolate.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Paying for the food.

FFS whole foods are expensive!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is the countdown till spike day and the non spike days. LOL
  • rodeomc
    rodeomc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Weekends and sugar. Anything sugar related: Candy, cookies, lattes.
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    For me it is get togethers where other people cook food because I feel rude if i dont eat alot of it.
    I also feel rude saying no to certain foods such as cakes, cookies, pies, etc, because I know that someone has worked so hard on it and I feel guilty. I also find just going out with people hard because there is so much food out there in public, but all or most of it is unhealthy, when I'm hungry, Im guilty of the weakness.
  • rodeomc
    rodeomc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Every night between 6 and bedtime, I can do so well during the day and then come home from work and want to eat everything in sight

Me too!!!
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I live in a dorm, so in the dining hall, it's a free for all. Cakes, ice cream, cookies, candy, fried food, milkshakes, doughnuts, chips, it's rough =/

AMEN to that! Best thing I ever did for a diet was move out of the dorms! The cafe ends up being a social place. I gained my freshmen 15 because I would go to the cafe with some friends and get back to the dorm just to turn back around because someone else wanted company in the cafe.
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Alcohol! There is nothing better than sitting around with a bottle of wine or having some blueberry beer!
  • kwsuscc
    Options
    Weekends are tough for me too, because my family is all together and we are usually traveling so we end up eating out and I try to eat well even though we are eating out but as you all know restaurant food is generally packed with calories. Grmph.