Breaking Dawn is 15 days away (in the States)

Options

Replies

• ellisalockwood
    Options
    I'm excited, I didn't want to read the books because I figured they would be too immature for me, but my best friend begged me to read them and alas, I was obsessed. None of the movies have impressed me yet, but I have hope for breaking dawn! Won't be going to the midnight showing, and will probably wait for the end of the first week so I don't have to hear 12 year old screams every time Jacob shows up with no shirt, but will definitely see it in the theaters.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    All females.

Hmmm.

I may be one of the only females on the planet that is not excited about this lol

I am also not excited.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    All females.

Hmmm.
    I may be one of the only females on the planet that is not excited about this lol
    I am also not excited.
    and you can ALWAYS sit by me...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm more excited about this thread than the movie.

And I'd like to report this thread for being ridiculous.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    All females.

Hmmm.
    May I come sit by you?

And I? My BF wants us to go to the "super secret special showing at 8 pm the night before" and I refuse.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the mania behind these movies/books...?
    Where was the vampire obsessed people making teams when Interview with the vampire came out!? or Dracula?? :tongue:

Now THOSE are vampire movies! :bigsmile:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Twilight? Meh. Not too excited. I read them, saw the movies, and have not been too impressed. I really dislike Bella.

I love books and read constantly, including YA. I much prefer the Hunger Games trilogy, though I am sure Hollywood will butcher these as well.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Vampires haven't been cool since Kristy Swanson...
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm going to allow my filter to open.

This is so sad it borders on disgusting. I decided to not be like everyone else, and read one of these "books." THIS is what passes for literature? I have never read such a pathetic display of poor writing, lame characters, and vocabulary that I swore was written by a 4th grader who just had her first puppy love boyfriend. I suggest reading seriously ANYTHING other than this for romance or fantasy.

As far as the movies--regular hollywood stuff. Not good, but not terrible enough to trash publicly. When the movies have more depth than the book, something is terribly wrong.

Oh lighten up & stop acting so pretentious

Books like this are fantasy; another place to daydream and drift off to for a short while....

Obviously you read them if you can make such claims right? And movies, once again are for entertainment purposes. Will these movies win any awards? No, probably not but its entertaining.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Great. Now the ad at the top is for Breaking Dawn stuff.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options

This is so sad it borders on disgusting. I decided to not be like everyone else, and read one of these "books." THIS is what passes for literature? I have never read such a pathetic display of poor writing, lame characters, and vocabulary that I swore was written by a 4th grader who just had her first puppy love boyfriend. I suggest reading seriously ANYTHING other than this for romance or fantasy.

As far as the movies--regular hollywood stuff. Not good, but not terrible enough to trash publicly. When the movies have more depth than the book, something is terribly wrong.

Books like this are fantasy; another place to daydream and drift off to for a short while....

Obviously you read them if you can make such claims right? And movies, once again are for entertainment purposes. Will these movies win any awards? No, probably not but its entertaining.

If I'm pretentious, the rest are ignorant. There is plenty of good art that still exists, that challenges your brain and entertains at the same time. I will not be called pretentious by someone who cannot tell the difference. I can entertain the idea of stupid entertainment, but there is a line on how far down the line of stupidity I'll go. PS--IT STOPS TALKING TO IT'S INTELLECTUAL SUPERIOR OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options

Really? Talk about a contradiction from your previous post

Interview with a Vampire
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Blade
    Underworld
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options

Ps-- "No probably not, but it's entertaining."

Perhaps reading awful literature has taught you how to misuse punctuation.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Interview with a Vampire
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Blade
    Underworld

Dont forget the Lost Boys and 30 Days of Night!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options

Interview with a Vampire
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Blade
    Underworld

Contradiction? You really have an absolutely horrible grasp of the English language. A contradiction is when something is said that asserts the opposite of the previous post. What you are inferring is difference in taste and subjective opinion. Please, go read more books.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Twilight? omg.gif

Twilight.jpg
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    . PS--IT STOPS TALKING TO IT'S INTELLECTUAL SUPERIOR OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN.

Um you used it incorrectly as well....I don't think that is suppose to mean IT IS or IT HAS intellectual superior...
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options

Interview with a Vampire
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Blade
    Underworld

Contradiction? You really have an absolutely horrible grasp of the English language. A contradiction is when something is said that asserts the opposite of the previous post. What you are inferring is difference in taste and subjective opinion. Please, go read more books.

You're saying Buffy the Vampire Slayer was GOOD entertainment and Twilight isn't....what's the difference??
    Both cheesy teen movies, correct?
  • love2loose
    Options
    Im so excited that I pray for a splinter (from the bed) to magically fly out of the honey moon scene.... and stick me anywere... OMG !!! Whoever sets beside me watch out!!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.