I PR on My 1/2 Marathon Race

Options
This is a excellent place to share my happiness and joy of running my 2nd 1/2 marathon. I wanted to give you a brief update on the beginning of my running experience. I started running last October 1, 2010, signed up for a 10K race in December. I was pretty excited about completing this race and so I decided to sign up for 1/2 Marathon in May 2011, with a training class. I did it in 3:02:30, my goal was to finish the race and that I did. I took on another challenge to race my 2nd 1/2 this past October 30, 2011, the LA Rock N Roll, with my running team. The day was cool, just the way I like it, I started out fast then got into my pace. I finished it in 2:41:30. My goal for this race was 2:45:00. I thank God for giving me the strength and determination to push my body to another level. I have already signed up the 1/2 OC Marathon in May 2012, my goal to run this race is 2:30:00!!! Bring it On!!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• mfpslash1313
    mfpslash1313 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I used to run marathons, but that was 60 pounds ago... Working to get back there again...
  • Rice27
    Rice27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Plan on completing my first in May - so addicting!

Keep it up!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Sounds like you had a fun and successful run!!!

Congrats!!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!