How long does it take before the wieght starts comming off?

Options
I have been doing this for 5 whole days. I know not very long, but when you are hungry and sore for 5 days and don't see much of a change, then it is not encouraging. So, I was wondering if this is normal. When will the weight start to come off?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It will vary from person to person. Someone obese will tend to see a large weight loss right off the bat whereas someone who is thinner (and therefore closer to their ideal weight) may not see an initial loss.

Make sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water and getting enough sleep.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I started I didn't see any weight loss until week two. Keep at it, it will come off!
  • rhonda_does_life
    rhonda_does_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be indelicate... but being that you "only" (I know, sorry!) have 15 lbs to lose, it might take you longer than someone who's starting at a higher weight. Keep at it! Maybe only weigh yourself once a week so you'll be able to see maximum scale reflexions of your hard work. :)

Good luck!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    If you're sore from working out, your muscles are probably swollen and retaining water. Allow several weeks after starting a new workout plan to see a loss.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, i only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks when i first started. It was very annoying because it seemed like most people dropped a ton of water weight in the beginning but not me. Ive been pretty consistent since Sept 18th and im down 9 lbs so far. Just keep at it and hide the scale, it will only drive your CrAzY! lol! Good luck!
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Because you are closer to your ideal weight (than someone like me) you will see more Toning and Shaping faster. In my opinion Inches are better than pounds!! If you haven't measured, take your measurements. You just keep moving and eating and drinking water and you'll get there. Hopefully you will have to exchange all your Christmas presents in for a smaller size!!!!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started eating healthy and exercising at 145 lbs. Weight didn't start to come off until after 27 days.
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Didn't see anything until week two, but I have 50 something lbs to lose. With less to lose it's going to be harder. Did you set yourself at a lb each month or less?
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is different for everyone.

For someone who is tall and overweight it is harder to tell they have lost weight until they have lost a significant amount, when someone is short and compact it is easier to see a difference. Also the more weight you have to lose the more you lose in the beginning.

Also, you shouldn't be "starving". Try spreading out your food over the course of the day. Get carrots, celery, or other easy to munch on veggies to munch on for snacks that are low calorie. It will help curb your hunger, alos try drinking water when you're hungry as well.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It took me a full week to register any weight loss when I first started here. Your hard work will soon show! : ) Keep at it!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would not worry too much at all because
    1. the smaller you are the harder it is to lose.
    2. Remember, how long did it take you to put it on? it does not fall off overnight.. it can take some people 2 months to lose 5lbs. If you lose slow and steady by making healthy choices you will get there..
  • jnissi
    jnissi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know to some people that 15 lbs doesn't seem like much, but to me it is huge. It is the weight I can not seem to lose since my pregnancies. The weight that puts me closer to the risk of diabetes that is so prevalent in my family. The women in my family are so prone to being quite heavy that I feel like I am fighting against huge odds. Sigh!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    We all feel your pain. But as others pointed out because you have less to lose its harder. You won't get the losses us bigger people are getting but you're probably a ton healthier!

Edited to say; I just looked at your diary and no wonder you're starving if you're having three meals a day only! Try and have more snacks during the day. If you're starving the three big meals aren't working for you. Good luck!