Worst xmas gift you have received

Options
2LoveAndHate
2LoveAndHate Posts: 57 Member
What is the worst christmas gift that you have received?

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A WHISK...
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    At the time when I thought it was the absolute worst... a guitar.... and I have since bought 3 as interests changed....
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    One year I received 9 pairs of pajamas.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Underwear and socks from a thrift store - *BARF*
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    when I was 18 I got a set of luggage. I think my parents were trying to tell me something.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Clothes probably. Also recieved gifts I already had, kinda big disapointment too
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've never been into the color pink, but my grandma always insisted on buying me pink clothes for christmas... and then she got pissed because I would never wear them.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A set of "TV Trays" last Christmas that matched the set we already had...the RiteAid gift card we got in exchange did come in handy though!
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A nursing nightgown. I was 10. It was from my Grandma.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Barbie coat hangers, no Barbie or clothes to go with them, just coat hangers...LOL.... :laugh:
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    coasters lol
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    a re-gift that i had bought years prior for someone XP
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    While in college - a calculator. and not the cool graphing kind that I actually needed for my classes. Just a standard, sun powered calculator with your standard functions...the kind they almost give away for free for opening up a checking account or something....
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    none yet. *knock on wood*
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My first christmas as a married couple - and my husband gives me measuring cups for baking. He is now my ex-husband LOL
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    As a rule, I dislike Christmas.

To avoid the crap presents, I buy my own and people pay me back.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My ex's mom gave me a box of chocolates that I swear she bought the year before on clearance.

They were from a local chocolate shop that is normally absolutely incredible, and these were so bad I had to toss them. If they weren't from her (she was a truly horrid woman) I'd have taken them back to the store, but believing she gave me year old chocolates is bad enough. I didn't need confirmation that they were, indeed, the previous year's box design.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    My grandmother once gave me a lump of coal...
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    last year i made my Christmas list idiotproof by sending out a message and getting the communication going (the previous year, i had 2 duplicate gifts)....the result of my efforts; SIX DUPLICATE GIFTS!!! I must say I did not need more than one Jenga.....
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    2 books, 1 was the kamasutra, the other one is called: where to make love except in bed (french translation) it was from my ex bf...never opened them and no wonder why he's my EX bf