If I lose 30+ lbs to meet goal will I be saggy?

Options
If I lose 30+ lbs to meet goal will I be saggy? Im 5'7....doing the body by vi and turbo fire 90 day challenge....so will my skin shrink with me or will I be saggy and gross? Idk.... : /

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35.5 pounds so far (I still have 20 more to go) and I'm not saggy... I do cardio daily and weights at least 3 times per week. I think as long as you're doing weights in addition to cardio, then you'll be fine.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If I lose 30+ lbs to meet goal will I be saggy? Im 5'7....doing the body by vi and turbo fire 90 day challenge....so will my skin shrink with me or will I be saggy and gross? Idk.... : /

I don't know either. I guess you'll just have to lose it and see.

:flowerforyou:
  • Dee1006
    Options
    I am 32 and have had two kids. I am also 5'7" and have lost 33lbs. The only saggy skin is very little near my bellybutton.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

/checks OP's post

/checks her MFP username

/checks post count

...hmmm *nods*
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    No way, you won't be saggy. I'm 5'8 and have the same start weight and goal weight as you. So far I'm down 22lbs and there's no sagging going on!
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think too it's how quickly you lose it. People who do those crazy diets and lose too much too quickly (and unnaturally) are probably more likely to be saggy. If you're losing weight the right way (healthy eating and exercise) I think your skin has the time to adapt to your new shape. Like Lynn1982 says, weights will probably help with that too.
  • lucylue21
    Options
    i ighly doubt you wil be able to tell. if you are worried about it then rub some shea butter lotion on your skin after you bath in areas you feel you may be slightly saggy
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Will the answer to this question alter your weight loss goals? In all honesty, your skin won't be the same again. But the elasticity will come back, especially if you lose gradually (ie no more than a couple of pounds per week on average).

Better question: Will your insides be any better off? YES.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 42 pounds and had two kids--I was saggy for about 4 months then I started to firm up the last little while. I'm super excited!! I didn't think it was possible, but it's happening--I feel great. I do cardio 4-5 times a week and lift heavy 3 times a week.

EDITED TO ADD: Check out some of the body building websites--there are some great before and after pics of women who have lost up to even 100 lbs (not to say that you can't lose more and look great!!), and they compete in competitions and look incredible--these have been my inspiration! It takes time, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that long!
  • tracysway
    tracysway Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    pilates has helped me firm up
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have lost loads of weight in the past and never been saggy! I think with 30lb you should be ok! And if you lose it slowly your skin will adjust!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

It depends on how fast you drop the weight and also how elastic your skin is.

I have lost since I started MFP 41 lbs and I have no stretch marks, or saggy skin. In fact, a trainer I am friends with commented on that. So I think it's all to do with each person. It is definitely not going to be the same for everyone.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Your not fat enough to get saggy and toning will halp.
  • sassy4loss
    Options
    wow thanks everyone.....its been so long since Ive been able to get under 160....I kinda wonders....wait what if I lose and Im still unhappy...but as one person wrote:

will my inside be happy. yes . of course and that is my goal too.

thank you thank you thank you ...for everyone that wrote back. I feel much better...and you guys are awsome for responding!