Get Buff: Workout Tips for Beginners!

Options
10 Quick Tips From Sue!

1. Get the ok to begin an exercise program from your doctor.

2. Leave yourself enough time to accomplish your goal. If that 20 year high school reunion is next weekend, don't think you're going to lose 10 quick ones before that!

3. Work with what you've got. You can't change your body type but you CAN improve on those problem areas.

4. Be committed. Irregular workouts will produce irregular results!

5. Exercise three days a week for at least one hour each day. This hour should include a combination of weight training and cardiovascular exercise.

6. If you can't fit in a straight hour, it's ok to break up your workouts into 4 fifteen minute sessions. Just get it done!

7. Set realistic weight loss goals. Lose a pound to a pound- and-a-half a week. If you lose it any faster than that, it won't last!

8. Living room furniture make great replacement gym equipment. You can use your coffee table as a bench. Just make sure it's sturdy enough!

9. Invest in a few sets of dumbbells and you can do chest presses. Lying with your back on the table and legs bent, feet on table, place a dumbbell in each hand and extend your arms toward the ceiling. Lower to where your elbows are parallel to your shoulders.

10. Exercise bands make handy fitness tools in small spaces. Tie to a door handle and leg of a table to do various upper and lower body exercises.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=199

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    10 Quick Tips From Sue!

1. Get the ok to begin an exercise program from your doctor.

2. Leave yourself enough time to accomplish your goal. If that 20 year high school reunion is next weekend, don't think you're going to lose 10 quick ones before that!

3. Work with what you've got. You can't change your body type but you CAN improve on those problem areas.

4. Be committed. Irregular workouts will produce irregular results!

5. Exercise three days a week for at least one hour each day. This hour should include a combination of weight training and cardiovascular exercise.

6. If you can't fit in a straight hour, it's ok to break up your workouts into 4 fifteen minute sessions. Just get it done!

7. Set realistic weight loss goals. Lose a pound to a pound- and-a-half a week. If you lose it any faster than that, it won't last!

8. Living room furniture make great replacement gym equipment. You can use your coffee table as a bench. Just make sure it's sturdy enough!

9. Invest in a few sets of dumbbells and you can do chest presses. Lying with your back on the table and legs bent, feet on table, place a dumbbell in each hand and extend your arms toward the ceiling. Lower to where your elbows are parallel to your shoulders.

10. Exercise bands make handy fitness tools in small spaces. Tie to a door handle and leg of a table to do various upper and lower body exercises.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=199
  • cmserati
    Options
    You always have so many good tips and resources...thank you so much!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I find such great info as I'm browsing sites and most are too good not to post.
    You are very welcome cmserati!

~Joanna:flowerforyou: