My pet peeve...

Options
SarahNicole317
SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
Seriously... this drives me insane and I'll tell you why....

When someone posts a question and 15 people respond with the same answer. I'm not saying it isn't great to get responses, but when people do this it makes it seem like they are either 'the only person that has the answer', or they feel that their response is the most important and what other people have said isn't important enough to take the time to read. If you can't take the time to read what others have said, why are you taking the time to respond?

If you want to agree then quote it and say 'agree', 'ditto', 'x2'.

Come on... it totally discounts the importance of what others say.

And that, my friends, is my pet peeve. What's yours?

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Sometimes before people post it does not popluate everyone else's responses. however, I get what you are saying when they have time to read the other responses.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    On here?
    People that get p!ssy because someone asked a question that has been asked before... and proceed to tell the New person on here to use the SEARCH function.

Maybe this person doesnt want to read through a whole bunch of old posts... maybe they want fresh new answers ...

everywhere else i hate people that call you. .and you miss the call and you call them immediately back and they dont answer.. pffft. :tongue:
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we've "All" opened a thread with zero responses and while typing our response out others have done the same, and they get posted in the order that we finish typing. So if I'm not your first response this is a perfect example. It happens.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    but i CAN say it better. i have a propensity for prose, you know.

When someone posts a question and 15 people respond with the same answer. I'm not saying it isn't great to get responses, but when people do this it makes it seem like they are either 'the only person that has the answer', or they feel that their response is the most important and what other people have said isn't important enough to take the time to read. If you can't take the time to read what others have said, why are you taking the time to respond?

• Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am writting a response that has not been said and by the time I was done typing it and sending it someone else had wrote the same thing.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    People that don't understand that sometimes while you are typing out a response, you don't see that someone else responded the same way you were.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve - closed groups. Why post it in an open forum if it's closed. I wouldn't want to join the group anyway, but it makes me feel like I'm back in high school.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    The same questions, different words 3-4 times a day.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we've "All" opened a thread with zero responses and while typing our response out others have done the same, and they get posted in the order that we finish typing. So if I'm not your first response this is a perfect example. It happens.

See it just happened to me here lol
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    And... point proven
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    People like to give advice. And people like attention.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I think some people's posts don't get read at first because when a new topic comes up lots of people reply at the same time and in the time taken to write the reply some people have already posted whilst typing so some people haven't seen those posts! :) And everyone is speaking from their experiences that have been tried and tested for them so they believe thats the gospel truth, which is fair enough as it is to them! :)
  • BHAK
    BHAK Posts: 33
    Options
    Trying to figure out why I have to put the seat down....but she never has to put it up...even when she knows Im waiting....????

WTH!!!!!!!!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    I think it all depends on the question. Sometimes that bugs me too, but with some questions it's good to get more than one response to back up an answer. Like someone posted about food scales on here, and like 3 different people said they had this one particular one they really liked. To me that was very helpful cuz it was sorta like a review. My pet peeve is people who say they're dieting, but they really aren't and everyone knows it.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

Posting a question in a public forum is often like 'taking a poll'. So, personally, I'd like to know if 20 people feel the same way about something.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out why I have to put the seat down....but she never has to put it up...even when she knows Im waiting....????

WTH!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

When I am teaching one of my high school classes and I have just repeated three or more times where to turn in their books, and that one student always asks... "What page are we on?"
    If it was occassional it would be ok, but everytime? :grumble:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    When people post threads 'venting' or bashing things other people do...
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    When people post threads 'venting' or bashing things other people do...

I see what you did there.