How do I gain weight and muscle mass?

kamal213
kamal213 Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I wanna gain some muscle so I don't look so skinny. I want to do this at home if thats possible, what kind of things should I be doing and eating? I don't wnat to join a gym really. I've seen some guys on here do it alreadly. I wnat to know how you did it. thank you

Replies

• I wanna gain some muscle so I don't look so skinny. I want to do this at home if thats possible, what kind of things should I be doing and eating? I don't wnat to join a gym really. I've seen some guys on here do it alreadly. I wnat to know how you did it. thank you
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Thats kind of where I'm at now, I've totally hit a plateau because all I do is run. I just ordered the slim series from beach body, its a bunch of workout videos that use free weights so it should help me build lean muscle. Go to exercisejunky.com to check it out, theres a lot of different ones! Hope this helped! :happy:

~Leash
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    firstly you need a calorie surplus not deficit I beleive 10% is about what you should begin with push ups squats sit ups shoulder press chest fly there are loads of things you can do at home lift bottles of water or that isnt enough bottles of sand or stones. There is loads of info on the net of strength and resistance training that you can do at home.

Good luck
  • I will agree with tazzy but you will also need loads of protien to help build muscle also. You should be eating aleast 1/2oz-1ozs of protien for every pound that you weigh. The only down part of trying to build muscle is that it can take a while.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Get the Eat Clean Diet books, or look up "clean eating" on the Internet, and they will tell you how to eat and what to do to add muscle. Weight lifting will change your body a lot. I love it!
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    I agree with all of the other posts. You should find as you do research that to gain muscle you should be using heavy weights, and low reps. Somewhere between 6 to 10 reps with heavy weights, which may be hard to find at home. I am sure you can find some creative ideas as mentioned previously. For you back, you can make a pullup bar and do pullups. You may need to buy some weights, or at least some dumbbells. With a good set of dumbbells you should be able to hit every part of your body including your legs. The protein suggestion is also correct, you should consume between .7 to .9 grams of protein for every pound of body weight.
This discussion has been closed.