it will not move

skiski
skiski Posts: 173 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
ok i am stuck...

my weight for the last 3 weeks has been 154.2 :noway: :mad: :noway:

my dietary intake is good but i know i am not hitting any sort of exercise at all...bar starting callanetics next week. I am just stuck, I wirk 12 hour days and travel an hour each day...by the time i get home i am spent.plus i am doing an on-line course so that fills my free time...

i know i need exercise but finding time to make it fit seems impossible right now

help much needed!!!

skiski :yawn:

Replies

• skiski
    ok i am stuck...

my weight for the last 3 weeks has been 154.2 :noway: :mad: :noway:

my dietary intake is good but i know i am not hitting any sort of exercise at all...bar starting callanetics next week. I am just stuck, I wirk 12 hour days and travel an hour each day...by the time i get home i am spent.plus i am doing an on-line course so that fills my free time...

i know i need exercise but finding time to make it fit seems impossible right now

help much needed!!!

skiski :yawn:
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    How about on your days off? I know it's not exactly the most pleasant thought but if you get up, do your exercise before anything you feel great for the rest of the day and you still have ALL day to plan things. I've been doing this and can't believe I've stuck to it. It's helped me wake up and be ready to face the day :smile:

Do you get a lunch break at work? Even just going for a brisk walk at lunch time would help, add in some hand weights and there you go!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Wow, I have heard excuses before-and usually think pfffft.....but with YOU it isnt an excuse but a reason!!

You poor dear! Of course I am also really proud of you for taking courses to better yourself.

Here are some ideas.

Watch you sodium. It will make you swell.
    If it is that time of month, just wait it out a week.
    Drink plenty of water. This flushes the system. I was worried at work, but it gives me extra burned cals going to the bathroom every hour.

Exercise- Anything that gets your body moving more than it already is will boost your metabolism
    Park in the back of the parking lot
    Take a lap around the mall or even grocery store before beginning the actual shopping
    Take the stairs any time you can
    Get 3 pound weights and when you are stretching in front of your computer, do 1 set of 10 bicep curls, shoulder presses. It doesnt take much to build muscle.
    Do you get lunch break? Walk around your building.

Also, it takes time for the body to get used to the routine.

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • skiski
    Thank you both for the ideas

walking outside the building is not something i can do as I work as an eating disorders nurse and we have luch with the clients! but I like the idea about getting my butt moving on the days off and watching my salt intake as I know it is excessive!!!!

the idea about using that time in front of the computer to do some weights also is fab as i am there a fair bit at the moment.

i know i lack time but maybe i need to make time- not excuses...

lets do this lol

thanks again xxx
This discussion has been closed.