What's your secret?

Options
Everyone of us are here for the same thing...To get healthy...We are all experts, all novices. Working together will get us to the finish line faster.

What is your best kept secret to your weight loss? the one or two specials things you do that seem to work like a charm???

For me it is green smoothies twice a day....I have been dropping weight rapidly. It ups my energy, makes me feel great and I am down 14 pounds in two weeks....wooohoooo....I also love my juicer...if I need sweet...juice it baby....My cravings are pretty well gone, I don't do timmies any more and I was ADDICTED! 5 steep tea double double's a day. My sugar is nothing other than natural...My salt, haven't touched it....Fat?? who wants it...my suppers are salad and sometimes meat...I feel great....

what are you doing????

Replies

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just the counting calories thing. It's AMAZING! Haha. I seriously feel like such a dork, because it's SO much easier to just EAT LESS! And eat healthy! Before I would eat whatever and then try to work it off in the gym. Wow, that's a lot of work! Just being conscius of what I'm putting in my body is doing wonders for me. :bigsmile:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    LOL you might find it silly, but mine is 1 cup of coffee a day. The caffine helps get rid of the excess sodium and also the excess water weight.
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water, water.

It's a miracle. Keeps me full, gets rid of my head aches, let's me run farther, work out harder. Generally makes me feel so much better when I get at least 64 oz if not more.
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    LOL you might find it silly, but mine is 1 cup of coffee a day. The caffine helps get rid of the excess sodium and also the excess water weight.

If I didn't have my daily cup (or 2) I would lose my mind.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    food is fuel
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i have stopped eating meat and trying to stay away from dairy as much as i can, which is tough, but i will eventually get there. just subbing out the meat for more vegetables and smoothies and beans instead of just relying on heavy food. i feel LIGHTER, less bloated and just feel overall better. havent been working out lately, but i need to pick it up again. otherwise, just keeping my end goal in mind and my short term as well....only 3 weeks left to work on getting to my short term goal, 5 more pounds!!!!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water! Log EVERYTHING, even if you just take a bite. If you don't want to work out, do it anyway! :laugh:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    None. No secret, just exercise and keeping within my calories.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My secret is sticking to tried and true principles like eating well and exercising. Hard work and discipline.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Portions and water. Simple as that.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.

^^Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Cycling is my new passion. It's tough and grueling at times but very satisfying. I am a novice but have been doing 10-20 miles a day. my next goal 20 miles a day. After that to continue moving up.
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WATER!!!!!! I used to work my butt off for hours and got nothing on the scale. I would even tweak my diet to healthier options and still nothing. Just in the last two weeks I have been carrying around a huge water bottle and getting in at least 10 - 12 glasses of water a day ( if you would told me I would do this even three weeks ago I would have died laughing as I could barley get in 5 a day) The weight has been absolutely melting off and I feel awesome!!! =)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    No, I definitely won't be coming to your house for dinner.

Wait, what was the original question?
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It's a secret for a reason ;)
  • steffiegirl
    steffiegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, I Have to ask what a green smoothie is??
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Just the counting calories thing. It's AMAZING! Haha. I seriously feel like such a dork, because it's SO much easier to just EAT LESS! And eat healthy! Before I would eat whatever and then try to work it off in the gym. Wow, that's a lot of work! Just being conscius of what I'm putting in my body is doing wonders for me. :bigsmile:
    My secret is the opposite. LOL I find it really easy to go to the gym, work HARD, run, weights, everything, but restricting my eating is what is difficult for me. So my secret is lots of exercise-- it lets you eat more, and I find that when I work my tail off, I am less inclined to eat crappy afterwards.
    And also just to not eat things your great-grandmother wouldn't have eaten, just as a rule. It's hard to get too full/too fat on healthy foods-- it's just almost difficult to fit in too many calories.

But really, I agree with a previous poster. The only real "secret" is to eat less and move more. True story!
  • AmythistRae
    Options
    A green smoothie is a fruit and green veggie smoothie...I use kale and spinach the most.....
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie: mine is usually a banana, a big handful of dark green leafy, like kale or spinach, 1/2 cup frozen fruit, like blueberries or pineapple, and just enough water so the blender will work. Blend until smooth.

My secret is writing (logging) every single thing, and drinking 3 quarts of water a day. As long as I'm faithful with both, I lose.