Half way photos! 196lbs ->165lbs

Options
I started on MFP in February 2011 and I have made it halfway to my goal and lost over 30lbs.
I am only 5ft2 so starting at 196lbs was pretty bad. I'm very proud of how far I've come. I'm halfway to my initial goal of 132lbs, which will get me into the 'healthy' range. I can't really see much difference in the photos but there you go!

progress23.bmp

progress33.bmp

My story

I've never been fit but I've not always been fat. The weight just kinda slowly piled on over the last three years. No particular emotional attachment - I just like food and am a bit lazy! I also suffer from Crohns Disease, which is an immune system disorder which affects the digestive system, so it has not been an easy journey. Lots of "healthy" foods can be dangerous for me and I sometimes have lowered energy levels.

When I was starting to burst out of my size 16 trousers after Christmas last year and shopping for size 18s it suddently hit me - when is it going to be too much?? At what point was I going to realise I was actually massively overweight, obese in fact. I soon found MFP and started my journey in February 2011.

Foodwise, I have not cut anything out. I have basically tried to have smaller portion sizes and cut back on the chocolate. I haven't banned anything and I still have big meals out. It is all about the overall balance.

Exercise wise I have completely changed my attitude. I've cycled nearly 1000 miles since starting on MFP, mainly commuting to and from work. I took part in a 40k cycle race. I recently completeld c25k and ran my first 5k last weekend in 34 minutes. I usually do a big exercise 3 times a week and cycle 6 miles a day.

I gave up smoking in the middle of my weight loss journey so far. I went cold turkey with the help of "Allen Carr's Easy Way" and found it didn't affect my weight loss at all. Stopping smoking has been the best thing I've done for my health and I feel so much better for it.

If I can do it then so can you. Deep down I'm cronically lazy and I love chocolate and food in general but I've changed my lifestyle and attitude enough to be on my way to a healthier weight. I need to look after my body and health if I want to live a long and happy life.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    the after pix arent fitting!
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I cant see your current photos, only the 196lb ones
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Better now?
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! :D
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    The Lone Ranger rides again!!

Good for you keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I like your bra on the after pic..Keep up the good work
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    awesome job!!! :)
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Those pictures show some great progress. Great job! I also admire your ability to take pictures with a blindfold on. :)
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    yup, you look awesome!! keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Leila you look amazing well done! your such an inspiration!!!
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    u rock!!! u should be so proud of yourself!!!!!!!
    xxxx happy to have a friend lik you!!
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    wooohooo congrats
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    Great job!! I can definitely see a difference in your pictures :happy: Keep up the great work!!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Congrats, you look great! Keep up the awesome work!!!!!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    SO awesome! Very inspiring!!
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thats really noticable difference, good work!
    After losing 5kg from my highest weight about a year ago I could notice big difference in how my old clothes fit, must be a noticable difference for you.

Since I started using MFP I have mostly cut off bad foods from my diet and started eating a lot more vegan foods, makes it really easy to go under the goal calories in a day!
    On fridays I have my cheat day where I allow myself bad foods and sweets and alcohol tho ^^
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Awesome job - I can totally see a difference. Great job - keep it up and you will hit your goal in no time.:smile::flowerforyou:

Your story sounds similar to mine - I am 5'3". When I hit size 18, it hit me hard, and I knew something had to give (plus I saw 200 on the scale). That was over a year ago, and I am down 56 lbs - you can do it, trust me. I am living proof.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I just uploaded my halfway photo too! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!