Not enough calories? What do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Since I have started MFP I have not had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich- shoot I have not even had peanut butter... didn't want to give up the calories! I guess I got so used to NOT eating it due to the high calories I forgot all about it. Looks like I will be having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for supper with extra peanut butter! :happy:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, nuts or greek yogurt
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!!!
    Almonds or any kind of nuts...high in cals and good for you

^^This
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Protein like nut butter is always a great option.

reads the comment...chuckles...reads comment again... yep still funny.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I so wish this was my problem. :(
  • marquesajen
    Options
    It is during those times that you assemble a healthy snack plate. Some nuts, sliced fruit, a small piece of cheese, that kind of thing. Maybe some veggies with hummus and a whole wheat pita. I try to eat a little more earlier in the day when I know I'm exercising more than normal, because it stinks having to rush to eat at 8 o'clock at night.
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Granola bars
    Large apples
    Celery with peanut butter
  • wannababyH
    Options
    Have fun with your hate mail.

I posted something similar to this yesterday, and got over 20 angry messages.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    Does anyone ever have days where you find yourself at the end of the day with LOTS of calories, at least more then on a normal day, left over? If so how do you get your minimum calories in for that day? What do you seek out to eat? I am having a stressful day and finding it difficult to eat which means if I don't eat something now I will have a larger amount of calories to get in for supper time and I just don't like to do that. :cry:
    Personally if I have a lot left over, which happens if I've done a long swim plus a long walk sometimes, I allow myself a bit of a treat. However if I don't feel like eating as I'm full. I don't try to make up the difference. As long as it's not everyday it won't hurt.
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    handful of peanuts or peanut butter
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Grab spoon

Open peanut butter jar

Put spoon in jar

Scoop peanut butter

Put spoon in mouth

Swallow

BAM... 200 calories
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Definitely peanut butter... or some peanuts or almonds...

I also do one cheat meal/day once per week. I find that it helps with weight loss actually because it keeps my body guessing. You could always have a cheat meal if you didn't feel "bad" for going OVER your calories one day (I don't). This is the one day a week where I order pasta alfredo or something like that (not a binge day, just a "I can get whatever I'm craving for one meal" day).

Good luck!

Chocolate milk is a really good snack too!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Iv not got any PB but tomorow im out for a big romantic meal and Im 630 cals under now. I might go over tomorow so would it even out that way? Im stuffed so cant face more food tonight (just gone 9pm here)
  • crazysillydancer
    Options
    Any healthy sort of fat. Like everyone else has been suggesting, I am a fan of peanut butter (<- nothing is as successful at sabotaging my diet). Also consider fats from sources such as avocado or olives. They are also high in calories, but nutrient dense. I wouldn't suggest indulging in something unhealthy which you wouldn't normally consume such as a sweet since it will increase the likeliness of you craving it later. Definitely opt for something with lots of nutrients!