Pumpkin Bread in a Bowl

Options
LadyoftheDisc
LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
Yay, Fall is here and Pumpkin is on my mind!!!

I found this recipe on a blog (http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com) - ya'll must check her recipes, they all look so good! Haven't tried this yet but it looks awesome and great way to start the day!

Pumpkin Bread in a Bowl

• 1/3 c canned pumpkin (or cooked pumpkin)
• 3/4 c nondairy milk
• 1 cup flake cereal (like spelt flakes, but bran, corn, etc will work. Some people have even used oatmeal!)
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp salt
• sweetener (such as stevia, sugar, or even maple syrup)
• optional: chocolate chips, pecans

Blend all ingredients together. The cereal will have a thin consistency at first, but if you leave it in the fridge (after blending) for even just 10 minutes, it starts to get really thick! I usually make it before I run, and it’s the consistency of thick pudding by the time I return. If you’re using the optional pecans or chocolate chips, you can either blend them right in or sprinkle them on top after serving.

Annnd, what everyone wants to know... nutritional info: about 175 calories, 8 grams fiber, 7 grams protein, and 3 grams fat.

Replies

• bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds totally delicious! I'll have to try it sometime - I love something that sounds sort of like it, which is overnight oats (equal part old-fashioned oats with liquid left in the fridge overnight, and then any seasonings/toppings you want in the morning (my go to combo is vanilla, cinnamon, a little salt, blueberries and some almonds!). I can't believe it's only 175 calories though...I guess it depends on the brand of cereal/the pumpkin/how much sweetener/what toppings you add :)