I have finally sussed out

Options
hgam1
hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
how to drink 2 litres of water in a day! Don't laugh now cos it's hard!!!

This is the target I set myself and I have stuck to it for a week and it's working.

Drink 500mls of water (1 bottle) before I leave for the office in the morning! hard but, I have persevered. Great tip...drink it just after a shower seems to help!

Drink another 500mls before 12noon (the bottle is on my direct line of vision, can't miss it)

Finish another 500mls before leaving my desk at 5pm

To polish it off (the easy part), drink another 500mls while working out in the evening.

Eureka!!!

I'll be interested to know how others have tackled this.:bigsmile:

Replies

• hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    how to drink 2 litres of water in a day! Don't laugh now cos it's hard!!!

This is the target I set myself and I have stuck to it for a week and it's working.

Drink 500mls of water (1 bottle) before I leave for the office in the morning! hard but, I have persevered. Great tip...drink it just after a shower seems to help!

Drink another 500mls before 12noon (the bottle is on my direct line of vision, can't miss it)

Finish another 500mls before leaving my desk at 5pm

To polish it off (the easy part), drink another 500mls while working out in the evening.

Eureka!!!

I'll be interested to know how others have tackled this.:bigsmile:
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Seriously... I have a little wipe out board - like 1' by 1' - hanging right by the sink with a drawing of a water glass. First thing in the morning, I drink two glasses - before my coffee! - and my goal is to get that thing to full before dinner! I just keeping changing the number in the glass (from 1 to 2 and so on...) That's the only thing I have that is always in front of me & reminds me to drink more water!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ppl have noted that my new accessory is a bottle of water!

I carry one every where I go.

:flowerforyou:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    love, love, love water...:drinker: :drinker: I think I drink too much, people at work say they think it has straight vodka in it cuz no one would keep taking drinks of something every 3 min. unless it was getting them drunk!:laugh:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I saw on another thread about how much water is necessary. I've been drinking my 8-9 glasses and thinking that was fine, but still not losing. So that other thread said that you divide your weight in half and that's how many ounces you need per day. Divide that by 8 and that's how many cups. So it turns out my big butt needs 12, not 8. Yesterday I drank my 12 and the scale finally started budging....only 1/2 a pound but I'll take it.
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I saw on another thread about how much water is necessary. I've been drinking my 8-9 glasses and thinking that was fine, but still not losing. So that other thread said that you divide your weight in half and that's how many ounces you need per day. Divide that by 8 and that's how many cups. So it turns out my big butt needs 12, not 8. Yesterday I drank my 12 and the scale finally started budging....only 1/2 a pound but I'll take it.

Cool... I never heard that measure before but it might explain why I'm not losing more... I drink eight when according to this I should be drinking 10-11/day... Hmmmm
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    i didnt make the connection either, but it used to be hard for me to get in 8....
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz nalgene that I'm literally NEVER without. It's pink and cute!

I wake up at 5:40 every morning for my daily morning routine and getting ready for work. I leave by about 7:45 and I definitely make sure I've drank at least one 32 oz bottle before I leave the house. Then I refill and head off to work.

I constantly refill and constantly drink throughout the day. Some days the water doesn't seem to go down as easily as others, that's when I just throw in a Calorie-Free Flavoring for water. I usually don't need it though.

I used to drink maybe 5 diet drinks a week. I made up my mind I didn't want them anymore when I started on this website on Jan 5 and now I drink zero per week.
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    kinda off topic but i saw a very cute pink mini mixer at the vitamin store, for protein shakes and stuff. i really really want one...u can mix and take it along with u.