Rebooting & Recommiting

Options
I haven't been around these parts for a while.

In late September, I started feeling off. I had a bit of an upset stomach and this weird feeling like there was an obstruction in my chest, which made it difficult to breathe. I couldn't get comfortable no matter what I did. I initially thought it was really bad indigestion because I had gone a little overboard on my birthday weekend. However, after a few days passed without the symptoms alleviating and an irregular heartbeat was added to the mix, I went to the doctor.

I was given an EKG and told that my heart was fine. The oxygen saturation in my blood was 100% and my lungs also sounded fine when my doctor listened to them. She told me that I may be suffering from acid reflux and prescribed Prilosec, but she also had me tested for the H Pylori virus. I'm not an expert on the virus or anything, but my doctor said that it's a bacteria that lives in the stomach that can cause infection at times, with stress being the most likely trigger.

In the week that it took for the lab results to come back, I wasn't feeling any better and was starting to get scared. I *never* cry, but I burst into tears at work one day because my heart kept palpitating randomly and despite the EKG results, I was getting seriously freaked out. My doctor called with the lab results that day and it turned out that I indeed tested positive for the H Pylori. I was put on two more weeks of Prilosec, as well as two heavy duty antibiotics (six pills per day for two weeks). I started to feel better after about a week of antibiotics, but they knocked me out energy wise.

Needless to say that during all of this, I was not working out. My eating got off track as well because the antibiotics made me ravenous. I haven't weighed and measured myself, but I've lost some of my progress, particularly in the problem region of my stomach. I don't have nearly as much definition as I did a month ago and my belly fat has increased a bit.

Now that I'm feeling better, I'm ready to get back on the wagon. I've ordered Turbo Fire and hope that it gets here by the weekend so that I can start next week. This past month has been frustrating because I had been doing so well with my eating and not missing workouts only to get sick and get completely derailed, but I can't get October back and just need to move forward.

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hey, completely understand about the symptoms. Kinda weird that stomach problems can cause so much upset eh? I got tested for the bug too and was clear, but they are still treating me for gastritis - inflammation of the stomach lining.

Happy to hear you're feeling better and good luck with getting back on track. There will always be setbacks in life, but as long as you jump back on that wagon, you will win!! :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou: