I need more motivation!!

Options
OK, I started this journey almost 2 years ago. I was very motivated and lost a little over 30 lbs...then I started getting comfortable if I skipped a workout, since I only had 8 lbs to lose. Well now I have 12 lbs to lose, which isn't huge, but my motivation is GONE!! I was seeing the weight loss (had to buy smaller clothes, but now I'm afraid they are too tight), my husband noticed it too, and was/is very proud of me. I have a goal to lose these 12 lbs before my 40th birthday, in less than 2 months. I really need a kick in the butt!! I need to be held accountable for my lack of action. I have been going to walks at lunch this week, which is how I started this in the first place. I have the 30 day shred at home, that helped me greatly, I would do that 3 days a week. I also have what I call my mini gym at home, we have a Gold's Gym weight bench along with the weights, I used that 3 days a week. I would count my calories very religiously, and wouldn't eat junk, would have the occassional glass of wine or beer....now I don't count my calories very closely, the weight bench is covered in dust, and I am going through wine and beer like there was no tomorrow. I REALLY want this, and REALLY need to get motivated. I want someone to ask me daily if I worked out and if I say no or that I just went for a walk, I want my butt to get chewed out! I don't want to hear there is always tomorrow, which is true, but I want this SO bad!!!! I am so disappointed in myself because I let myself slip. I was SO close to my goal, I'm still close but not as close, I have to lose 4 extra pounds I already lost...I was for a while using the excuse, that we just got a puppy, I don't have time to care for her, go grocery shopping, laundry etc...but I DO have the time, I get up about 2 hrs early, plus when I get home from work, there is no reason I can't get my workout clothes on and do a quick 20 min workout, just put the puppy out back and hope she doesn't dig out LOL...I can go on with the excuses, but I don't want to waste my time on them anymore....I gotta do this!! For myself! I want to go into my 40 confident and proud of myself!!!!! So any feedback is appreciated, and if you even want to, you can ream my butt for slacking! LOL :tongue:

Replies

• CindiBryce
    Options
    Simple advice: If you don't like your current situation, CHANGE IT.
    And question: Why don't you count your calories closely anymore?
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you want someone to kick butt, count me in! ;-)
  • Cherise1
    Options
    You sound like me, I have about 12 pounds I desperately want to lose because I slacked and let myself gain back weight I already worked hard to lose. I'm getting frustrated now though with not seeing results fast enough. I feel like I kick my own butt with the work outs I do...I should be seeing some benefit from that...but no...instead I gain a pound! Maybe we should motivate each other and race to the finish line together!!
  • Anita1271
    Options
    I really don't know why I haven't been keeping track of my calories closely. I guess I felt confident that I knew how much I was eating. But reality hit me, I was going way over. I have no excuse...I was telling myself, that healthy groceries were too expensive, and we were having some financial issues, as with everyone. But there really is no excuse! I was just slacking! LOL