Addicted to exercising?

Options
MAN! Before this past week I NEVER exercised, now Im addicted and can't stop! It takes me a while to get the motivation to start, but once I do, I can't stop. "oh I burned 400 calories...thats enough for the day" 5 min later after I've had a nice little break...."well whats there to do?! Exercise! :D" I can't seem to get enough of it! Anyone else?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    pick me! pick me!
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Endorphins are a magical thing!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am on vacation right now, but so addicted that I still find the time to workout each day.....lol!!!!
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    I feel that way about my running! After the day's run is over it's like....is it tomorrow yet? Can I run again? :)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't know about addicted, but since re-joining a gym last week, the romance is definitely rekindled! I slept 4 hours Monday night, and after small group Tuesday evening, I hit the gym, at 9:30 PM. I could (maybe should) have gone home and slept, but I just wanted to go work out instead!

I was going to rest today, but when I woke up, I found myself thinking of when I could squeeze in a trip. It will have to be after a church meeting tonight, so maybe not until 9 again... but it will be so worth it! Plus, today I'll do some strength training - and I always extra enjoy that. =)
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    Well, that is an addiction you DON'T want to go to rehab!! Woohoo!! I love it too!!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This is how I've felt for the past few weeks. I've worked out 5-7 days a week for a few years, but I would exercise for 30-45 each time. These past few weeks, I've been working out for 1.5 hours everyday. Yesterday AM I ran 4 miles (48 minutes) & felt like I didn't push myself enough, so in the evening I was on the elliptical for an hour. Not sure if this is really a good thing, but I guess I'll go with it for now.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, sounds like me. I swore to myself i was taking today off (i pulled a hamsting and deadlifted anyway yesterday, now i'm a little wobbly) but now i'm all "today is back and bicep + abs....you don't need your hamstring to do a bicep curl or pullup!"

And i'm sure i'll do that and be like....i should walk my dogs! They look bored! And then my abs won't be sore anymore so i'll be like....let's practice L holds!

It's a vicious cycle-BUT the good news is tomorrow is my recovery day, nothing but yoga :)