Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 15

Options
I started the Biggest Loser Season One Workout today. I did the warm-up, High Intensity Cardio, Strength & Sculpt & Cool-down....I LOVE THIS ONE TOO! It's different enough from the Hip Hop Videos so I'm not bored. I had to shovel first thing this morning & the driveway is covered AGAIN so I'm chalking it up to God giving me a helping hand:heart: so I can go out & burn some more calories shoveling for the second time today...I wonder if He had anything to do with my snowblower dying???:heart:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I started the Biggest Loser Season One Workout today. I did the warm-up, High Intensity Cardio, Strength & Sculpt & Cool-down....I LOVE THIS ONE TOO! It's different enough from the Hip Hop Videos so I'm not bored. I had to shovel first thing this morning & the driveway is covered AGAIN so I'm chalking it up to God giving me a helping hand:heart: so I can go out & burn some more calories shoveling for the second time today...I wonder if He had anything to do with my snowblower dying???:heart:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Oh my Julie, you dion't need to exersice, I think everytime I read your posts you are shovelling yourself out of your driveway!:laugh: :flowerforyou: Where do you live again?
  • JulieB21
    Options
    Oh my Julie, you dion't need to exersice, I think everytime I read your posts you are shovelling yourself out of your driveway!:laugh: :flowerforyou: Where do you live again?

Ya know-I'm beginning to feel the same way. I live in Upstate New York-near Lake George. I really could leave the mess for hubby, but if I did that, he would just fix the snowblower & I would miss all that extra exercise!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Shoveling again? How much did you get? We didn't get as much as predicted, the weatherman lied to me lol. Maybe 3 inches. But enough to get out and cardio snowshoe:bigsmile: Looking forward to the next storm thursday night.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I wonder things like that sometimes, too Julie! I try to smile and say "Thanks God for the extra exercise!" You've got to find something positive out of things like that!

Yesterday I walked for about half an hour, I cleaned, & I rode my bike for 20 min at a vigorous pace. It's supposed to be nice enough today that a friend & I are meeting to let our boys ride their new Christmas bikes in the park. So, I should get in some decent walking following after them! :laugh:

I have a question... when I am doing alot of cooking (which I've been doing to stock my freezer) or for example, last night I was folding quite a bit of laundry, my mid to upper back along my spine gets SO, SO tired! Do you think my spine is out of alignment? Or is there something else that might be causing my back to get so tired?

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • JulieB21
    Options
    I just checked out the extended forecast & it seems we are due for more snow on Friday with a high temp of 8 degrees....today's snow is a very pretty light snowfall & I can see finches flying around my shrubs. 8 degrees....:huh: might give the shovel a rest that day!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I wondered if there would be anyway to acctually reach my goal when I started. I started at 197 and want to be 180 by valentines day. I think I might make it. I've been pretty good with the food and exercising and I'm already down to 188.5
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

Ya know-I'm beginning to feel the same way. I live in Upstate New York-near Lake George. I really could leave the mess for hubby, but if I did that, he would just fix the snowblower & I would miss all that extra exercise!

I'm so jealous!!!! That is one of my favorite places in the US! Actually anywhere in NY is. Don't want the snow though - and my husband and I were joking last night that we were both chilly (70 degrees in the house, about 50 outside) and couldn't warm up.

I walked 2 miles and did 90 minutes of yoga yesterday. Heading to the gym today.
  • yoginimary
    Options

I have a question... when I am doing alot of cooking (which I've been doing to stock my freezer) or for example, last night I was folding quite a bit of laundry, my mid to upper back along my spine gets SO, SO tired! Do you think my spine is out of alignment? Or is there something else that might be causing my back to get so tired?

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

Nicole - check your posture when doing these activities. Are your shoulder blades flat on the back, or are you hunched over? In the blue dress and pink shirt pictures, your shoulders are coming forward (really, no one but a yoga freak would notice this, so don't worry about how this looks to others), the other pictures seem ok. When cooking or folding (or typing!), pretend there is an orange between your shoulder blades. You must keep the orange in place. Let me know if that doesn't help.

On a side note, there was a woman on David Letterman once who could crush soda cans with her shoulder blades. I tried it with a water bottle - nothing. Gotta have goals though :happy:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    BTW - how long did it take y'all to notice the chick in the discover health ad (usually at the top of the posts), was getting skinnier? I just noticed yesterday.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    An hour of spinning
    and an hour of walking.

Also: new exercise category: Mani-pedi-acise! Let's hear it for treating ourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    30 min on gazelle... still trying to get ready for classes tomorrow; back in session for the semester! The pool re-opening party was tonight and several hundred students were coming, so I'll start swimming when they are in classes!!!! :laugh:

Niccole, Mary is right. Sounds like your paraspinal and rhomboid muscles. In addition to retracting your scapula, think about pulling them down as well. Imagine trying to touch the clasp of your bra (in & down). Contract, hold about 5sec, relax. Do in sets of 15-20 throughout the day (similar to kegels!). Be sure to then pull your arms across the front of you to stretch afterward!
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    30 min on the bike & 30 min on the eliptical:smile:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    no elliptical still felt tired in the morning also my daughter had been sick in her bed so had to strip that down and give her room a good clean so I suppose that helps.

I did however wrap the kids up warm and get 1 hr walking in and then with the little one asleep bleached all the paintwork downstairs in my house and put up the new curtain pole (I got fed up waiting for hubby) so didn't sit down all day.

defo doin elliptical tomorrow.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • SkyDuchess
    SkyDuchess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How do I join this Valentine Challenge?

Is it too late?:cry:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Still 160.

I really haven't been consistent with exercise. It's been a rough week...

Angela
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    How do I join this Valentine Challenge?

Is it too late?:cry:

Never too late! Just hop on the current date and report your workout goals, what you do for the day, etc. Not really focused on reporting weight, but holding each other accountable for doing what we say we're doing! Welcome to an awsome group of people! :flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I'd love to join in on the challenge.

This week my goal was to do cardio 6 days a week 45 minutes a day and at least 360 calories burned. Next Monday my goal will be to start the following routine.

Monday - upper body
    Tuesday - cardio
    Wed - Lower body
    Thursday - Cardio
    Friday - upper body
    Sat - Cardio

Start all over the following week but switch up the upper and lower body days and increase the resistance of my treadmill intervals or increase the speed on the treadclimber depending on which I'm using.

Today I did 50 minutes on the eliptical, doing intervals, and I burned 500 calories.:happy: