Eating the wrong food can ruin your day...

Options
I felt like being bad today so I took my girl to Olive Garden for lunch. I ordered their lasagna as my meal. As soon as I was done eating my energy level dropped to ZERO. I was practically falling asleep at the table. I ordered a latte and a slice of mouse cake hoping the sugar and caffeine will keep me awake for the drive home. I barely made it. When I got in my house, I had to climb into bed and take a nap for an hour to re-charge. I haven't had "bad" food in a long time, and i have to say, I haven't felt tired after a meal for a long time too. Its amazing how what you eat affects your body.

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i agree. we been tight on grocery money and hubby started buying normal food. and after eating healthy and all, normal feels awful. i'm tired, forgetful, unaware, no energy, moody, and feel dirty inside. i'm ready to go back now. and after all this he is starting to agree. its def worth it to eat better.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I feel like this after any high carb meal --- it usually makes me want to nap and skip the gym.
    Carbs = sugar so having more sugar wouldn't help at all.. I feel ya!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    It`s good to keep track of food that do that kind of thing to you. Know thyself, as Socrates used to say.
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yeah, i ate chinesse food today and my body literally rejected it, i spent a half hour in the bathroom vomiting, couldnt handle the grease
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Pasta gives me tummy ache :(. And fatty food makes me feel fat, even though it is psychological!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I try to eat foods that I used to LOVE just because I don't want to deprive myself (even though I don't even crave them anymore). I don't even enjoy them as much as I used to, and they never satisfy me as much as a nice healthy meal does!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. Today was my day, I felt so crappy I walked out of the gym!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden makes me tired too.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I had lasagne followed by mocha cheesecake at my Lions meeting last night (set menu, not even alternate serve) and I was miserable through the guest speaker then went home where I felt worse, so I went straight to bed and zonked it.

At least I got out of bed this morning and went for a bike ride.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That damn nap ruined my night too. Now I cant sleep. Been trying since 10pm, its 12:30 here now. Ack!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Candy does that to me. Guilty of giving into it every day since Halloween :( Haha