Need some friends for support

hann2476
hann2476 Posts: 2
edited October 4 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I am wanting/needing some friends for support. I have been on MFP for 8 days today...and only lost 1# since I started. Kinna depressing...but guess it's a start. Thanks!

Replies

• I got ya if you return the favor!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    A pound in a week is fine...that makes it a year to get to your goal!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    1lb a week is really good..should not be anything more than that, really.
  • WendyWeighsIn
    WendyWeighsIn Posts: 26 Member
    Count me in . I need all the support I can get!
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    A pound is fine! And you're right to be looking for friends, it does seem to help the process from what I've seen around here! I'm new too, only 6 days. I'll add you :smile:
  • Make sure you are weighing yourself at the same exact time everyday (first thing when you get up is best) people can fluctuate up to 5 lbs depending on water and food intake. In the morning your body is empty. Also when you first start a program if there is any resistance or weight lifting involved you might gain a few right in the beginning. If you are weight lifting pay more attention to inches than weight as muscle ways a lot more than fat. Remember..it takes 3,500 more calories burned than consumed to lose 1 pound. Just be patient. And it is healthy to only lose 1 pound a week. Also make sure you are weighing yourself not only first thing in the morning but either in your underwear or completely naked to lose the chance of clothes weight. If you have anymore questions please feel free to message me.

Steve
  • Hang in there sweety,my first week i lost half a pound!!! sometimes it start slow and then pick up by the second or third week. you are welcome to add me if you like!!!:smile:
  • Thats a Good start! You can add me if you want! Good Luck!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    -1 one pound is a lot better than +1 pound!! Friend me if you like, we're about the same age and have very close weight goals :)
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Welcome to the site, feel free to add me...LETS DO THIS!
  • queennahs
    queennahs Posts: 33 Member
    Add away!:happy:
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    You all could add me....The more support the BETTER!
This discussion has been closed.