Friends with your EX-Spouse???

Options
2»

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm friends with my ex-husband, we have him and his new wife over for Christmas every other year, and we go out go to dinner for our son's birthday etc.

My ex-husbands new wife is on bed-rest with her pregnancy at the moment, and we (my husband, son and I) spent 4hrs visiting with her this past weekend.

I think it helped that my ex spent 3yrs in Japan after we broke up.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I work with the ex every day (married 11 years). We own the business together. Even though she did a wicked thing to me (twice), and I was totally innocent through it all, I am happy that she is remarried and expecting her second child. I have found that foregiveness is a selfish act. We are still friends, and she even apologized after about a year. Life is too short for hate. The best revenge, is to live well.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    No. I am not friends with my ex. I will never be friends with my ex-husband. He has a propensity towards violence, particularly towards me and our children, and I allow no contact whatsoever between him & myself. It's why I am still alive.

I dated a guy who was friends with his ex. I didn't think it was an issue - they've been divorced and she's remarried for over 20 years. It never became an issue while we were together. However, weirdly, though we never had a big blow up or any type of fight at all, we just parted ways, he can't be friends with me. That is what I found weird!! Maybe he does still have feelings for her? If so (either way, really) I dodged a bullet when the relationship ended!!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Never see him and never want to
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    im far from friendly to him, actualy havent talked to him in over 2 years
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    m ex and i werent married but were together 2 years , had baby then separated,
    we used to fight sooo bad but now its fine, i spose we have some weird understanding of each other now, or maybe he decided to grow up lol either one, its a kinda healthy adult relationship
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I m intmisddle of a divorce 50 days to go :) but we do seem to get along a little better