hiit training

Options
hey anyone else do this? how often do u do it? once or twice a week with some other stuff on the other days??

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Lol..add me..and you can see on my profile:wink:
  • robisonfire
    Options
    I just started this and its pretty awesome to see the results after a couple weeks. You HAVE to do it as hard as you can otherwise its a waste of time.

http://www.eworkoutroutinesformen.com/hiit-workout-routines-for-men/
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've done it either on my own or in classes 2-3 times per week and have had great success. Any interval training where you push yourself really hard is beneficial, in my opinion.
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire workout on DVD is a HIIT work out.
  • jackiemonx
    Options

is it any good?
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Here is some great info on HIIT, you can use a bike, run, elliptical, whatever:

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2010/06/26/10-minutes-of-exercise-yields-hourlong-effects.aspx

I just got off the elliptical myself, my legs are like rubber LOL
  • jackiemonx
    Options
    Here is some great info on HIIT, you can use a bike, run, elliptical, whatever:

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2010/06/26/10-minutes-of-exercise-yields-hourlong-effects.aspx

I just got off the elliptical myself, my legs are like rubber LOL

thanks! ive just done a few runs.......thought i was going to be sick! lol
  • titletown
    Options
    BTW - I wore my HRM and it said I burned over 400 calories in just 20 minutes.

How can you beat that ;)

Be prepared to sit down and get your bearings after the first couple times you try this, at least on the elliptical.

Holy rubber legs Batman...
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I do my HIIT training using the TurboFire HIIT workouts, usually HIIT 25. It does work the heck out of me. In the gym, I would prefer to use the rowing machine since I could ramp up the speed as quickly as i could pull the handle.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options

is it any good?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I was doing the Biggest Loser's Last Chance Workout, and in the middle of one of the workouts, Jillian says that these are HIIT exercises. I thought you were only supposed to do HIIT 2 or 3 times a week, but the last 2 weeks is an hour for 6 days! I was feeling really crummy all the time after I started the 3rd week, and finally quit after the first day of week 5. Now I'm doing a different program and I feel a lot better. I've heard great things about Turbo Fire. I have some friends who have used it, it's just not in my budget right now, and I'm trying to save up for ChaLean Extreme. I have all the Turbo Jam workouts and love them!
  • titletown
    Options
    You are only supposed to do true HIIT 2-3 times a week. If you can do it more than that you are either a world class athlete or you are not going 100% during the peak intervals.

I can believe that, no way I could do more than that, at least right now, just starting out LOL

Either way, I think you are supposed to give your body recovery time in between these extreme sessions.