100 to lose

Options
I'm new to MFP. A friend of mine used this site and app and lost a ton of weight! He doesn't even look like himself! So I'm here to try it out. I'm a 24 year old female. I've been trying since junior high to lose weight. I've lost, then gained, then lost, then gained.. you get the idea. I finaly want to get through the hard stuff and do it. I would love some support from people with similar goals, but any support would be appriciated! I currently weigh 255, I would be happy with 165 but my UTG is 155. It's right in the middle of my healthy BMI range. Thanks for reading, and I hope to meet some great friends here.

Replies

• LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..It's a great place for support and friendship.

I have about 180 lbs left to lose, but have officially lost the first 50...so it's definitely do able. Feel free to add me as a friend for support!

Good luck and stay strong. Don't get discouraged...you will reach your goals.
  • NicoleSix
    Options
    Welcome! And goodluck im sure you will be successful, so far this site has proved to be helpful and the people on it are very supportive! best wishes
  • godsgiftjcp
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have gained all my weight in the past 6 years from having three kids. I have a little over 100 to lose. Hopefully we can both reach our goals!!!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I'm in the same boat. Started at 332, down 50 now to 282. I have another 50+ to go. One thing I want to mention - it's not the site that gets the job done. It's the support from the people. :)

Kick some *kitten*!
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Log in every day & try to do a workout & it will start to work for you. Feel free to add me.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined in August and I've lost over 30 lbs so far. It's a great site with wonderfully supportive people to help you along the way. You've made the first big step, joining MFP. My only advice is to log everything even if you go over. You have to be honest with yourself and logging everything is the way to do it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • NumberOneBL
    Options
    Welcome! This is a really good site. Easy to use, and I love going on the message boards and seeing what kinds of convo's there are, I've learned a lot of good tips too!
    I'll add you as a friend!
  • LanaN2001
    LanaN2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I still have 100 pounds to lose. Welcome and good luck!
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will find many interesting people here and by looking at peoples diaries you can get some good hints.

Feel free to add me if you want, I have lost only about 12kgs or so so far, have plenty left to go.

Maybe we can support each other and provide motivation??

Cheers from Australia
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • patsyanne
    Options
    Good luck. The is a good spot to get support and some help if you look around for recipes, etc. Suggestion number 1 is to break that 100 lbs down to small reachable goals. 100 looks so big and it can make you get discouraged quickly. Set little goals like by thanksgiving lose 5 lbs. by Christmas another 5 lbs. by Feb 1st another 5 lbs --you get the picture---these goals are reachable. Add me as a friend if you wish.
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Welcome!! You came to the right place for support and motivation! My story is similar to yours. I went on Jenny Craig to lose weight when I was in 7th grade, I lost 63 lbs before starting 8th, but eventually gained it back. I've been riding the weight loss roller coaster my entire life and MFP has been the tool of my success. I've lost 83 lbs so far, 43 of those since starting MFP this past summer. If you really want to make life changes you can do it....it's not about dieting. Once I realized that, the weight seemed to almost fall off. I wish you the best!! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love MFP! It really works if you stick with it, today was my 35th day logging in a row, and I"ve lost 9 pounds!!! Add me as a friend :D
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    So sounds like me!

It's so easy to take the exercise one day at a time, and choose the foods you want to eat, sticking to serving sizes and avoiding things that really aren't good to lose weight with.

Make sure your scales work---make sure you have comfortable shoes, because this ride is all you!! :) You can do this...really!!
  • efriling
    efriling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats for joining! That's the first step, there's lots of great resources on this site between the friends you'll make, the blogs to read, the food diary (invaluable!), and ofcourse your motivation! I joined mid-September and have lost 16 pounds so far, and have just over 100 lbs. left to lose. I also started at 255 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend, I wish you the best of luck on your journey to a thinner, healthier, you! :drinker:

~Erin