Gastric Bypass 1-week Post op

Hello!

I've been using this site for a few weeks now as a way to track my foods pre-op and now post-op. I just started checking out the message boards today and thought I'd introduce myself.

I turned 35 this year and for some reason I started thinking about my mortality more and more. I have always been heavy, but had gotten much heavier over the last few years. My highest weight (I'm 5'5") was 282. I lost 6 pounds on my 10-day pre-op liquid diet and have lost 10 pounds since surgery last week.

I've done low-carb diets, Weight Watchers, starvation, low-fat, and just generally watching what I eat, but I never had any "sticktoitedness." Thus, I would lose some, then always gain back more. I also love fast food and hate to cook. So, I knew I needed something that would make me have to change my habits. I'd thought about WLS for several years but just finally decided this past May that I needed to check in to it further. It took 6 months to get through all the pre-op testing, consults, and insurance stuff, but I finally got my surgery on 10/25/11.

I'm an RN in a labor & delivery department and am taking online grad classes to get my Masters and become a midwife.

I look forward to following along with many of you on our journeys!

Replies

• hi. congrats on your surgery. i had VSG on 8/22/11. ive lost 60lbs. keep up the good work. feel free to add me. :-)
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Hello! Glad you're here. I had lap band surgery on 8/4/2011. I have lost 50# as of this week. I had my 3rd fill today and have awesome restriction. I know alot of people say WLS is the easy way out but there has been nothing "easy" about the last 3 months. I have had to make the right decisions when it comes to food, drink, exercise. The band does not make me go to the gym or make good food choices. Welcome and good luck. Friend me and I will accept.