FYI , for the smoker....

i know some of you are a smoker and want to lose weight.... i hear its difficult to stop smoking and try to lose weight at the same time,because the lack of nicotine or the withdraw syndrome will lead you to be hunger and crave for high calories snacks- food... Anyway, im not a smoker but im lung transplant nurse, and i see the doctors using this new drug CHANTIX, the result are awesome, i had told for many ex smoker that they totally stop smoking after started using it and that they have no feeling or desire to smoke again:flowerforyou: just a simple FYI ! Lets get healthy and look great as well!

Good luck :smile:

Replies

• MECHE
    MECHE Posts: 25
    i know some of you are a smoker and want to lose weight.... i hear its difficult to stop smoking and try to lose weight at the same time,because the lack of nicotine or the withdraw syndrome will lead you to be hunger and crave for high calories snacks- food... Anyway, im not a smoker but im lung transplant nurse, and i see the doctors using this new drug CHANTIX, the result are awesome, i had told for many ex smoker that they totally stop smoking after started using it and that they have no feeling or desire to smoke again:flowerforyou: just a simple FYI ! Lets get healthy and look great as well!

Good luck :smile:
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Thanks for the info, I am one of those trying to stop smoking and lose wieght, I thought about trying it once but found out my insurance would not cover it. May just pay for it myself.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    I used Chantix myself and it is amazing. I quit the first week of November and I am just thrilled with the results. Now if everything didn't taste so good after you quit smoking :smile:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    My insurance didn't cover it but it was worth the $ and then some, and I live in Wisconsin they just increased cigs to almost 5.00 a pack another incentive to quit. Good luck, it is the hardest thing I ever did in my life but each day I am realizing how much better I feel, smell, and value not picking up a cig. It is worth it!
  • Hi, I also have quit smoking. I quit smoking on October 2, 2007. I took the chantix medication, and it was very helpful. It is expensive for the 12 weeks, but it is well worth it. The phizer company also offers assistance to lower income people for help with medication.:happy:
  • MECHE
    MECHE Posts: 25
    yeah, its the best med at this moment. i hear people tryed different stuff, nicotine patch , acupulture ... but so far chantix seem to wk the best:flowerforyou:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I quit smoking on February 8, 2007.... almost a year!!

I quit cold-turkey. The first 3 months were the worst, but it got easier every month and now I have very few cravings (maybe after a few drinky drinks)!!

I think I gained 5 or 10 lbs due to that lifestyle change, but I could never imagine quitting smoking at the same time as losing weight. Kudos to those of you doing it!

Like i said earlier, last year was the year for kicking the nicotene habit and this year is the year for kicking my food addiction!