Anyone ever had a treadmill repaired?

Options
Do you go through the company and they send someone or are there usually local places? Did they come to your house? And is it super expensive?? I'm guessing it depends on what needs fixing. After moving this summer it seemed to work fine, but after a couple weeks the belt stopped functioning. The circuit board seems fine and turns on/adjusts, the belt just doesn't move. I'm kind of hoping it's something easy like a loose wire inside. We had a huge snowstorm last weekend and I think we're reaching the too cold to take my daughter out walking point.

Replies

• holmesd450
    holmesd450 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    this happened to me last winter, cost less to buy a new one that was better.
  • diana77
    diana77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    that is exacly whay happend to me i moved and then the belt busted. It ended up chepper to buy a new tredmill that replacing the belt.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Get someone that's good with electronics to have a look, sometimes it is as simple as a broken wire (aka my car that I got for $600 because it wouldn't start that needed new wire harness to the starter and lasted on the road for 6 years with no problems) I'd LOVE to have a look at it, at the very least there may be usable parts in it if the needed repair is too much for your unit.