early morning exercisers ?

2»

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    I work out around 4.30am from Monday to Saturday.
    For motivation, I have the INSANITY calendar to keep me motivated. Doing the "X" every time I completed something is a great feeling.

I used to workout after I come home from work but then I realize I am too tired to workout after work hours. So I switch to sleeping early (10pm) and wake up early (4am).

To kick myself off the bed, I drink some pre-workout mix and caffeine. It helps me to get going. I also learned that if I eat before I workout, I have less energy. =D

It's been more than a month that I do such regime and it has been great! We can keep each other motivated too.

This^^^ Been getting up at 5, coffee and Insanity...I love "x"ing every time I complete the workout. Also, I feel like I have accomplished "something" today and don't have the need to exercise hanging over my head!!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    I work out around 4.30am from Monday to Saturday.
    For motivation, I have the INSANITY calendar to keep me motivated. Doing the "X" every time I completed something is a great feeling.

I used to workout after I come home from work but then I realize I am too tired to workout after work hours. So I switch to sleeping early (10pm) and wake up early (4am).

To kick myself off the bed, I drink some pre-workout mix and caffeine. It helps me to get going. I also learned that if I eat before I workout, I have less energy. =D

It's been more than a month that I do such regime and it has been great! We can keep each other motivated too.
    This^^^ Been getting up at 5, coffee and Insanity...I love "x"ing every time I complete the workout. Also, I feel like I have accomplished "something" today and don't have the need to exercise hanging over my head!!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    i find that i can be more consistent when i dont' try to get up at some ungodly hour... EVERY day. I do it 3x a week and that works really well for me, I rationalize and think, I can sleep in a little more tomorrow, just DO IT TODAY. On the days where I don't get up early, it's a fun challenge to see where I can fit in the workout.

Everyone has their niche..

Same here.. I workout at about 5am 3 times a week and the rest of the days I workout in the afternoon/evening.
  • I got up and get it done at 4am this morning! Thanks for the motivation!

Woohoo great job getting it done!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    yep. 2-3am I am getting it done. but I work graveyard hours. 11pm-7:30am. I also go after I get off work sometimes 8-9am.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I started getting up at 5am to exercise and noticed that I sweat much more.. than if I do it later in the day.. I read that we wake up in 'fat burning mode' and if we don't eat before start exercising, our body has to use fat stores for energy... so I do try and get in 2-3 5am sessions a week.. and other days I will try and do something even if its just half an hour on the pedal exerciser whilst I'm watching telly.

Problem is though I also tend to store water if do more intensive early morning session so need a few days break before a weigh-in to get rid of the extra water, then can go mad again once I got weighed.. lol!
This discussion has been closed.