What's your motivation?

Options
Right now, I'm having a hard time staying on track. It's so much easier to give up and say "hey, it's okay. I'll just be the chubby girl," and eat to my hearts content. But I don't want that. It's been 2 years 1 month since I had my second and last child, and yet I am still overweight.

I haven't messed up on my diet and exercise plan...yet. But its hard when I live w/ other people who can and do eat whatever they want. Nonetheless, I am still proud of myself for doing okay. I wasn't able to stick to the 1,200 calorie diet. Instead I am eating around 1,500 to 1,600. Guess a big difference. I used to eat anywhere from 2,500 to 3,500 daily. Obviously, I love love love food ;). After I finish a "meal" I still feel slight hunger, but I just try to ignore it.

What motivates you to stay on track?

Replies

• purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month to get used to not eating as much. My initial weight goal had me at 1500 calories/day. I like to eat, too, so, to compensate, I got myself in the gym. Aside from the obvious cardiac benefits, it gave me more wiggle room for eating. Plus, when you know how much you had to sweat to earn those extra calories, all of a sudden, that extra brownie doesn't look quite as enticing (and I have a crazy sweet tooth!!!). Actually, after that month, sweets weren't looking quite as good anymore in general. I now eat a lot more fruits for my sugary snacks. I think what keeps me motivated is that I like being able to fit into my new clothes. Plus, I just like how I feel in general. I've lost 22 lbs since I started and I have a lot more energy and I've completely fallen in love with running.
  • ryuthestorm
    Options
    The people that inspire me , they had hard journeys so did i , and because i love what im doing , i love doing exercise and eating well
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I hear you. At some point being 'the chubby girl' becomes not OK though. Sometimes it catches up to you and you have a major stroke and have to learn to walk again.

It's hard. I've been there. You can do it. We got your back! Now, go kick some *kitten*!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    My motivation is the fact my osteoarthritis in my hip and rheumatoid arthritis in my left ankle, the less I weigh, the less pain I have. I would like to hold off the fact of my doctor telling me in grade 5 saying i'll need a hip replacement in my 30's or 40's. I'd prefer later on in life to need it.