Music and Concerts?!

Options
2»

Replies

• krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    first concert was Pantera when I was 14 or 15 - it was friggin awesome, and I was hooked afterwards. I used to go to concerts every weekend.....then I had kids. Now we never go anymore. Last concert was Skynyrd & Hank's Rowdy Frynds tour a few years ago

See this is why i dont go to many concerts anymore lol I have kids I want my kids to come to the concerts with me someday lol..to bad ill probably be going to some justin bieber concert or something instead..
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Favorite band is Evanescence.

But my first concert was NKOTB at Joe Robbie stadium back in 1990....
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    I went to see Chicago. Was probably 1975? Went with my girlfriend, her mom bought me the ticket!
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Favorite band is Evanescence.

But my first concert was NKOTB at Joe Robbie stadium back in 1990....

Evanescence is amazing! I wish could see them in concert!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    LOVE concerts...addicted to them actually.. ;) Top favorite Concerts, ANY 30 seconds to mars concert ( but prepared to she shoved around like crazy! lol ) , Jimmy Gnecco/ OURS, and the Violet Burning. Such amazing bands live... so is Lovedrug, but havn't seen them in many years live...

My first concert was... haha. Billy Joel. ROTFL.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Favorite band is Def Leppard
    First concert was Van Halen
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    and Sunny Day Real Estate were awesome when they together...and the Foo Fighters and The Smashing Pumpkins were great for bigger arena shows too... ;)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to see Myles Kennedy live with Alter Bridge. I missed them at the local radio station's fest this past year, and I've always had a thing for his pipes :)

Plus, I would give a stranger's right testicle to see Faith No More. Mmmmmm Mike Patton..... Just to hear him sing "Midlife Crisis" live... that'd make my life :)
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    RIght now, my favorite act is Ryan Adams.
    My favorite act emeritus is Bob Dylan.
    My first concert was - and it pains me to admit this - Jefferson Starship w/ .38 Special.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Why pains? .38 Special was a great live act. I saw them open for ZZ Top.

First concert was (get ready) Creedence Clearwater Revival. Booker T & The MGs opened.

I like too much stuff to pick one favourite, if held at gunpoint it would be The Beatles.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    My first ever concert was when I was 8 years old and I saw the Spice Girls at Wembley Stadium.

My first "proper" concert (i.e. where the musicians didn't just look like pinpricks in the distance!) was the White Stripes at Alexandra Palace when I was 13.

My favourite concert was probably when I saw REM in 2008 supported by Editors and Guillemots, such a great line up. Or when I saw Belle & Sebastian at the Barbican in 2005. I've seen them 3 times but at the Barbican they did more of an orchestral style arrangement of all their songs, it was incredible.

My favourite band is Mumford and Sons, who I haven't seen live yet :( (but I will). I went to countless concerts when I was a teenager but haven't been to many recently, I'm going to see Bombay Bicycle Club in April which I'm very excited about but would like to go to a concert sooner, having withdrawal symptoms haha.
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    I am beyond jealous of this, i love Creedance!
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    I gig all the time and have varied musical tastes, for example I saw Metallica and Take that in the same year! My next lot of gigs coming up are Lacuna coil, Smashing Pumpkins, Shed 7, Mastodon, Thin Lizzy, Clutch, 3 doors down and Seether.

My first concert was when I was 6 years old and my Mum took me to see Shakin' Stevens in 1986 lol
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Why pains? .38 Special was a great live act. I saw them open for ZZ Top.

First concert was (get ready) Creedence Clearwater Revival. Booker T & The MGs opened.

I like too much stuff to pick one favourite, if held at gunpoint it would be The Beatles.
    To clarify - I can take .38 Special. Jefferson Starship, on the other hand, not so much.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go to a .38 Special concert and a Jefferson Starship one too.

First live performance (not sure I'd call it a concert) was "The Silver Fox", Charlie Rich at "The Barn" in my home town.

First concert
    - Foreigner with Ambrosia and Christopher Cross opening. Awesome concert, maybe my favorite.

County Fair
    - R.C. Bannon and Louise Mandrell

In high school
    - Journey with The Babys opening
    - Foreigner with Ambrosia and Christopher Cross opening.

In college
    - Dan Fogelberg
    - Alabama
    - Ronnie Milsap with a comedian and The Bellamy Brothers opening
    - Kenny Rogers with a comedian and The Galtin Brothers opening

Later
    - The Beach Boys
    - The Osmonds
    - Tony Orlando

Live
    - Billy Heller (local act and a friend)
    - Some nameless band at The Chuck Wagon show outside Rapid City, SD (not really nameless but can't remember) We had a great time there. http://flyingt.com

Every time I hear a song on the radio by someone I've seen live I tell the kids. They think I've seen everyone! They also think I know every song ever made. That's just because I listen to mainly XM7 and they play my music.
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Some favorites: The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Jackson Browne, John Eddie (look him up), Jim Croce, pre-eighties Elton John, AM radio hits of the '70s...especially one hit wonders, and so many more...

First concert was Elton John in 1976

Other concerts: Styx, REO Speed Wagon, The Monkees, Nazareth, April Wine, U2, Eddie Money, George Thorogood, John Caffertey, Bryan Adams, Hootie and the Blowfish, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Julian Lennon, John Waite, Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, Steve Forbert, Cheap Trick, John Mellancamp, Queen, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Jackson Browne, John Eddie (look him up)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love music, it has been a large part of my life. i saw ozzy osbourne and guns and roses when i was about 15. since then i have seen hundreds of bands small and large. i love the reading festival. best live acts so far....hard to say, but probably killers, Kaiser chiefs, foo fighters, metallica, muse. but ones i remember best are bands i saw in small venues when they were starting out like silverfish (no longer around). i am also old enough to have seen nirvana live, lol

:flowerforyou:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My favourite concert, if I could narrow it down would be between the Goo Goo Dolls and My Chemical Romance. I was disappointed by 30 Seconds to Mars, but loved Enter Shakari who supported. I also loved Modest Mouse, The Subways, The Long Blondes, The Blackout, Funeral for a Friend.

I just love live music so I don't think I'll ever hate a gig